New messages(s) notification

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by j00, Aug 1, 2010.

1. j00

j00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using handcent and every time I receive a message I get a little envelope in the left hand corner of my status bar that says New messages(s): You have unread messages and even after I read the message it says I have no unread messages and still stays their until I clear my bar.

I have shut all notifications off in the default messaging application.

2. hoangjoe

hoangjoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem too, i can't find the option to disable that, someone help please

3. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Go into the stock message app and disable notifications there. It's probably sending notifications from Handcent and stock.

***Sorry, guys....didn't see that you had already checked stock app.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    You have to either Clear the Notification via the "Clear" icon in the notification panel or when you get the message you have to pull down the notification panel and tap the message notification to get to the message and it will clear itself, if you know you have a message and do not access it through the notification panel, the notification will stay there untill you clear it

If neither of these are the answer you are looking for then you can go to the handcent settings and turn off the notification that shows in the notification panel, so you will only get an audible notification but if you are away from your phone you will not know by looking at your device that you received a message untill you opened handcent

In Launcher Pro there is an option (if you have the handcent shortcut in the dock) for it to show a message count on the icon itself alleviating the need for the icon in the notification panel (I don't use this option so I am not sure how good it works)

5. Deception31

Deception31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured out that on my phone (Droid X) it was due to "Beautiful Widgets Pack 2". So if you have this then uninstall then it should stop.

Search tags for this page
droid x how to get messages to not show in the status bar
envelope icon on samsung nexus
no sound on notification my phone a888

samsung galaxy envelope icon

samsung galaxy s3 envelope icon

samsung galaxy s3 unread messages
samsung galaxy s4 envelope icon
samsung galaxy text message number does not appear on envelo
unread message notification android

why have a got a envelope on my samsung galaxy but no unread messages