Memory Performance Tweaks

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
I find the data folder but local.prop isn't in there

Are you sure you're in the right data folder? Your SD card usually has a data folder. Make sure the path listed is "/data" and not "/mnt/sdcard/data" or something else.

Also for the supercharger I don't know how to extract it to the sd card. When I download it where does it go and how do I extract it?

This could be taken offensively, but please don't take it that way... I'm being honest and constructive: Downloading and working with compressed files are very basic computing skills (like Computer 101 level). If you're not familiar with them, working on a rooted phone is going to get you in over your head. I purposely wrote Step 1 without specific instructions on how to download and extract. If you can't get past it, you really shouldn't be going further... trust me, it only gets more risky from there.

wrxman17

Reaction score
Lol I figured it out anyway. I am just not familiar with android. I just moved my file onto my sd card with the move command and then extracted it. Is that the right way? Also everyone has to start somewhere.....

wrxman17

Reaction score
So I found the folder in file expert and /data has nothing in it. Could this be a problem with file expert?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
So I found the folder in file expert and /data has nothing in it. Could this be a problem with file expert?

Probably a permissions issue... I just pulled it up on my phone with File Expert. Make sure File Expert is browsing with root permission (check the SuperUser app to see if File Expert is listed with the green light), although that really shouldn't be blocking you from at least viewing to the file... even a non-root file browser should be able to see the local.prop, as its default permissions give everyone Read.

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hey so I went into superuser and neither file expert or jota have permission and I didn't see where I could add the to the allow list. I went through jota and and navigated to /data and it said access denied. And it didn't give me the option to allow it? Any thoughts?

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
Hmm... when you launch File Expert, it should ask for Superuser permission. If it's not, then I'm not really sure what to say... you could try re-installing File Expert.

Are there any other apps listed in Superuser?

wrxman17

Reaction score
Found it under settings I didn't have root explorer on.

wrxman17

Reaction score
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=3 why does mine equal 3 should I change it to 0 still?

turboteal

Reaction score
reboot ???

when i see reboot after you have done something, what is the process to this ??? is it just to turn off the phone then turn it on ???

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=3 why does mine equal 3 should I change it to 0 still?

I made some changes in update 2.

3=hard to kill
1=bulletproof

I created space so that bulletproof will sit between foreground (0) and perceptible (2) apps.

The reason being is that some have problems with it at 0 - the app you're using may close on you or you may not be able to launch large apps/games sometimes.

If people hate it maybe I will change it back but this ensures that nobody has such problems.

The main thing to keep in mind is that redraws don't happen.
So if they don't, just leave the setting alone.

If they do, well you can change it manually.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

wrxman17

Reaction score
So what exactly does bulletproof and hard to kill mean?

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Option 1 actually explains it.

Its not the numbers - it' how the app groupings are prioritized in relation to other app groupings.

When it comes to the launcher, what matters is it's importance relative to perceptible and visible apps...

So... any redraws?

wrxman17

Reaction score
Yeah when I first did the other two it was definitely faster. Now it has seemed to slow a bit. So is 1 a higher priority than 3? And 0 is like the highest?

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hard to kill on Update 2 has the same order of importance as all previous versions.
Bulletproof was adjusted so as to eliminate any possible problem.

If you set home to 0 it will be the same importance of bulletproofing in previous versions. But it may cause issues that aren't worth it if you only have a rare and quick redraw with htk launcher or the new method of bulletproofing