Memory Performance Tweaks

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Heya zepp, you think that script would work on a D1 also? Just curious. Also, love your work keep it up man! :)

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Of course :)
I originally posted it in the supercharger thread but had reposted in that other thread afterwards because I read that the noop schedular can help audio issues.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Just reporting back I am getting unknown keys when running these values.
Code:
kernel.msgmni=2048;
kernel.msgmax=64000;
kernel.shmmax=268435456;
kernel.sem='500 512000 64 2048';
kernel.sched_features=24189;
kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs=0;
kernel.sched_latency_ns=18000000;
kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=1500000;
kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns=3000000;
kernel.sched_compat_yield=1;
kernel.sched_shares_ratelimit=256000;
kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0;
Might be because I am running deprimed. All other values stick.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I actually get a few as well which is really annoying :p
I leave them in though because they would probably benefit other users.

turboteal

Reaction score
hey guys freezing apps has helpd me alot, freezing the bloat makes the phone run fast :icon_ banana:

mxair2001

Reaction score
I have a question about the memory management, like where is it all going?

I am using the SuperCharger script (6, 12, 75, 125, 150, 175) and SD Speed Increase (2048kb)...both set to run on boot.

Also I have frozen the following apps:

Amazon MP3
Backup Assistant
Backup Assistant Client
Blockbuster
CarDock
DLNA
Email
Email Authenticator
Emergency Alerts
Flickr Authenticator
Help Center
Homescreen Tips
HSTcmd
IM
IM Presence
LastFM Authenticator
Motorola Dock Service
MS Exchange Service
My Verizon Mobile
Myspace Authenticator
News
New & weather
Orkut Authenticator
Photobucket Authenticator
Picasa Authenticator
Rich Location
Skype Mobile
Skyrock Authenticator
Slacker
Sticky Note
Suggestions
Suggestions Core RuleChecker Services
Suggestions Poll Scheduler Service
Sync Service
Tasks
VCAST
VCAST Music
VCAST Videos
VZ Navigator
Weather
World Clock

I removed the junk games...Need For Speed, LetsGolf, NFL Mobile

Despite all of this, I can't seem to gain over 125mb free memory. When I look at running services it says it is only using ~55-60mb.

Where is the other ~300mb?

Thanks in advance.

-mxair2001

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I dunno.
But boost slot 3 for more free ram.
Use AMM without superuser permission to see what's running and where.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rooted and applied this on my wife's X2 last night - immediate and very noticeable improvement in her X2. Home screen comes up smoothly rather than "popcorning" in various pieces, and general responsiveness/smoothness of operation is better. We used the most recent "update4" version that Zepplinrox just released, and used option 9 Mega Memory. Phone just feels so much nicer/smoother now.

Most importantly, as I told Zepplinrox last night when we were testing his new version, my wife thinks I'm a genius. :D

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Moto needs to kick out GB for the X2 and in the OTA include these memory tweaks. I feel bad for the folks that dont know to do this and live with some of the problems!

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree but in all total honesty.. I got this phone 3 weeks ago.. I never rooted a phone since I've owned one three years and running.. rooting this phone and running the v6 supercharger script is really fairly simple and close to risk free as u can possibly get.. rooting it is easy.. download Gingerbreak v1.2.. I got mine from the app 4 shared.. once it downloads its a 1 click root.. I know it sucks and seems intimidating but for those who have these issues.. its worth it atleast for now.. also as far as I can see the root is reversible with Gingerbreak so if u r willing to go through a really tiny learning curve it will be worth it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ckburks

Reaction score
Ok weird stuff...ran the first v6...all good. Dl update 2 and trying to run game mode. Everything takes but won't stay upon reboot. Even with it checked.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
Ok weird stuff...ran the first v6...all good. Dl update 2 and trying to run game mode. Everything takes but won't stay upon reboot. Even with it checked.

Script Manager has to re-run the 99SuperCharger script on each reboot. When you're rebooting your phone, you should see the 'toast' showing Script Manager was granted SuperUser rights... this is when it re-runs the script to implement the settings.

carbfrze

Reaction score
Cannot find 99SuperCharger script

hello i've done all of the settings in the latest supercharger script and it was called V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update4.sh which I found looking through these forums. When I get to step 6 I do not see a 99SuperCharger script anywhere. i've made sure that I have browse as root checked and made sure that I am in the main /data and not the sdcard/data as well.

i've read some posts that with the latest update there is no need to run the 99SuperCharger and was just wondering if this is true?
please helpdancedroid

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
i've read some posts that with the latest update there is no need to run the 99SuperCharger and was just wondering if this is true?

I've not heard this... do you have a link to the source?

I renamed my 99SuperCharger.sh and re-ran the config script (version 4) and it definitely created a new 99SuperCharger.sh in /data...