Media rescue and 'blind' navigation.

camnutz

Reaction score
Have a RAZR MAXX 2mos old. Screen went blank before I could download/backup photos and docs, and FDR is no help. Have new RAZR but can't get PC to recognize it either. New phone has USB tethering grayed out, and I'm not familiar/comfortable enough with Android systems to set up developer side. I will be doing this 'blind' and want to get the right settings the first time. Once I can get the PC to see the phone, I was going to use the new phone to guide me through to rescue my data, even though the screen is blank. The phone works fine, screen flickered and died in my hands. I can get the phone to show up as an unknown USB device, when I try to access it, it shows as a WCN device and wants a PIN. I didn't have a PIN on my phone, so I'm not sure what it wants or where to find the PIN. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Have a RAZR MAXX 2mos old. Screen went blank before I could download/backup photos and docs, and FDR is no help. Have new RAZR but can't get PC to recognize it either. New phone has USB tethering grayed out, and I'm not familiar/comfortable enough with Android systems to set up developer side. I will be doing this 'blind' and want to get the right settings the first time. Once I can get the PC to see the phone, I was going to use the new phone to guide me through to rescue my data, even though the screen is blank. The phone works fine, screen flickered and died in my hands. I can get the phone to show up as an unknown USB device, when I try to access it, it shows as a WCN device and wants a PIN. I didn't have a PIN on my phone, so I'm not sure what it wants or where to find the PIN. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

Get rid of it, these phones seem to be more trouble than first thought.

OP
C

camnutz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm finding this out. The replacement is a 'factory certified' glitchy pos. I haven't taken the phone apart yet, is the factory memory a removable micro SD card like the slot next to the SIM, or integrated onto the board? Thanks.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm finding this out. The replacement is a 'factory certified' glitchy pos. I haven't taken the phone apart yet, is the factory memory a removable micro SD card like the slot next to the SIM, or integrated onto the board? Thanks.

Soldered onto the motherboard. Just sell the thing and get something else. IMHO