Unlock screen question

jrsygirl030

Reaction score
My device (the Razr) updated to ICS the day I left for vacation, so I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it or explore. I'm playing catch-up now that I'm home and so far like what I'm seeing. However, I do have one issue with the new unlock screen.

With the old Android version, I had the option to swipe one way and access the camera (though not the gallery) or swipe the other way to be prompted for my PIN to unlock the phone. With ICS, it doesn't give me the option to pull up the camera (or phone or text), just the prompt to enter my PIN. I've noticed, if I change the security setting to Slide, then it gives me all the new options ICS provides...but no extra security because it unlocks the phone without requiring a PIN. Is there a way to change this? Or is this just the new set-up for ICS? If so, why did they change this? I like the idea of accessing the phone, text, and camera without unlocking...but I don't like not being able to have the option of being prompted for a PIN, password, etc. to unlock the phone.

Any help or insight you all have would be great! Thanks!

~ Erin

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think you had that option before because GB was broken and there was no way to get rid of the slider even if you told it you didn't want to use it, unlike in Froyo when it would go away when you said not to use slide to unlock.

I am assuming they fixed that in ICS so you have to choose one or the other as in terms of security. I know they have after market lock screens that offer different options, Widget Locker is a popular one, and I use Go Locker and like it pretty well. Though I just use slide to unlock, don't much care about security of my phone.

OP
J

jrsygirl030

Reaction score
Thanks

Well, that certainly explains it, then. Thanks so much for the answer. I'll definitely be looking into the apps you mentioned.

~ Erin

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No problem at all, I hope one of them suits your needs. I actually like the new lock screen for ICS but can't stand the vibrate it does when unlocking. That is the only reason I am still using GoLocker.