Media player, notification errors.

Nethageraba

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Droiders:

I've got a number of issues with my Droid 2.

First and foremost is the media player. Often, whenever I'm playing a song in the car via auxiliary input or if I'm using it's speakers to listen to music, the media player will appear as though it is in landscape mode. Then, it either freezes and shuts down the phone, or just freezes long enough to make me rip the battery out.

Next issue is sound notifications. Even if I just reset the phone, the notifications will not assume the values that I set them to. I.e. the text notification, a custom-made Zelda mp3, will turn itself off. I receive no audio alert if I receive a text in this scenario. When I go to select this notification tone, it plays a weird default tone instead.

I'm becoming frustrated. I almost feel obligated to buy an iTouch so that I can play my music without having to worry about this kind of crap messing up all the time. Could it be a defective unit? Are other Droid 2 users experiencing these effects?

Best,
JP

Cloppy

Reaction score
It could be a defective port does it happen with headphones too? There are some sound settings too that boost and modify the sound so try and maybe turn that off.

As for the notification sound is it stored on the sd card? Every time you connect to the computer it unmounts the sd card it could cause the sound to reset