1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Media Dock: Is it okay for screen to be on all night?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by buckojackson, Feb 17, 2010.

1. buckojackson

buckojackson New Member

Guys, as most of you know, the phone goes into media dock mode when its on a media dock, which is like an alarm clock on steroids with wehather, music, movies, etc. My question: its plugged in, so battery isnt an issue, but do you think its OK to leave the screen on all night in clock/medias mode when its on the dock? IE, screen use, burn in, etc
  2. CorvetteAustin24

CorvetteAustin24 New Member

It will be fine. LCD screens these days essentially have no burn in, and the displays have a mean life that is far greater than then time you will use the phone with your contract.

Proof of concept: most likely the screen you're reading this on is LCD... The one I'm on now I've had for 4 years and it's still a powerhouse.
  3. P8ntballer789

P8ntballer789 New Member

Very true, lcd's last a very long time and dont think its an issue because the companies wouldeve prevent it. I personally turn off the screen while its on my media dock(just the button on top right) i like sleeping in complete darkness lol.
  4. actrack03

actrack03 New Member

Droid replaced my nightlight!
Search tags for this page
bad to leave screen on phone
is it bad to leave phone screen on all night
is it bad to leave your phone screen on all night
is it ok to leave my galaxy s4 on the dock
is it okay to leave your phone screen on all night?

is leaving phone screen on in dock ok

leave phone screen on
leave screen android on all time
leaving android display on all night
leeave phone on dock
ok to leave phone screen on all day
to leave phone dock mode all night