Maylong M-150 universal android tablet

janorton05

Reaction score
I've been looking into tablets and have every intention of getting the galaxy s as soon as its available. I've also been searching for a cheap alternative just to use as a ebook reader for the massive amounts of java and android development books i have been downloading. I'm a walgreens employee and looking at my next weeks ad i found this android powered tablet on sale for $99.99. I can not find anything on the internet about this tablet though.

Maylong M-150 Universe Tablet PC Powered By Android | Walgreens

I do plan on buying it tomorrow for a ebook reader and i figured that i would practice hacking on it. Rather screw up a $100 device than a couple hundred. If anyone finds any info post up and I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Maylong M-150

I ordered a Maylong M-150 today. I could not find much information about it but it has to be better than an Augen Gentouch 78 which was $149.00 and I tried 2 to get one that worked. None did.

OP
J

janorton05

Reaction score
Yeah i just placed my order as well. The best part is that if it sucks just hang on to the invoice and you can return it to walgreens within 30 days. I just wish i could find any information about the hardware. One hell of a deal though.

droidtom

Reaction score
That flat computing one looks nice. I was going to order one of the Galaxy tabs for sure, but this one looks like it could fit the bill considering I only want it as a wifi unit. I will pay the no contract price for the galaxy if i have too. If the screen on it is as nice as the one on the fascinate it would be fantastic.

Tepes

Reaction score
For $100 bucks, doesn't look half bad. For those that are going for it, keep posting. I would be interested to hear how well it actually works.

OP
J

janorton05

Reaction score
Over on Xda Themiddie found out that stats were incorrect

"256RAM

Android 2.0

Network/USB dongle for potential 3G

Runs Youtube great and has same e-reader as Samsung.

The website link is correct" - Themiddie

"M150 Universe Tablet PC Features" -tecjunkie

these are the correct stats. sweet that it actually has 2.0.

forumguest

Reaction score
I really know next to nothing about this tech stuff. I was hoping you all could help. I saw the maylong m 150 tablet in walgreens salespaper and wondered if you could download movies to it to watch. I am looking for something thin to watch movies on while on a treadmill. Could you download from netflix to this tablet?

danobegood

Reaction score
For $100 bucks, doesn't look half bad. For those that are going for it, keep posting. I would be interested to hear how well it actually works.

I really know next to nothing about this tech stuff. I was hoping you all could help. I saw the maylong m 150 tablet in walgreens salespaper and wondered if you could download movies to it to watch. I am looking for something thin to watch movies on while on a treadmill. Could you download from netflix to this tablet?

I'll let you all know what I find out soon enough. Just got the UPS shipment notification from Walgreens, although UPS doesn't have tracking info yet.

OP
J

janorton05

Reaction score
They sure do take their sweet time getting this thing shipped. I still haven't received my shipping information yet. It should play movies though, it says it has a movie player.

haysja

Reaction score
Just ordered one

I ordered one a couple hours ago. I am ordering as a test unit with a possible elementary school use in mind so the "no camera" and the "no market" issues are not important to me. If it can view the web, be used as a reader, and play minimal media files I will be happy.

Just testing capabilities and I know that the units we end up with will be far different from this one.

I just can't see spending the $$ for iPads or Galaxies when we only need a small subset of the capabilities.

My "real" tablet will come later after this first generation sorts itself out.

KellBell1234

Reaction score
I ordered one yesterday. I did the expedited shipping but haven't gotten any shipping notice yet. I'm excited to get it and try it out! I noticed they changed the will ship within 2 day to will ship in 7 days today....I'm hoping that my order will ship within 2 since I ordered it yesterday when I was still showing that when I ordered it.

I will post my review once I get it. I'm not a techie by any means...just your average mom that wants to read email and surf the net before I nod off to sleep :) So I think it should work fine for my needs - I hope!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I ordered one yesterday. I did the expedited shipping but haven't gotten any shipping notice yet. I'm excited to get it and try it out! I noticed they changed the will ship within 2 day to will ship in 7 days today....I'm hoping that my order will ship within 2 since I ordered it yesterday when I was still showing that when I ordered it.

I will post my review once I get it. I'm not a techie by any means...just your average mom that wants to read email and surf the net before I nod off to sleep :) So I think it should work fine for my needs - I hope!
:welcome: to the forum, KellBell!

Yes, as a non-tech-inclined person your views of this device would be most useful. I know I'm looking forward to seeing what you think! :)

OP
J

janorton05

Reaction score
I ordered mine on saturday and got my shipping info from ups wednesday. I had called to see what was taking so long and they need a few days for processing apparently. Not the quickest but hopefully it will be worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk