Maylong M-150 universal android tablet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by janorton05, Oct 14, 2010.

1. janorton05

janorton05 New Member

I've been looking into tablets and have every intention of getting the galaxy s as soon as its available. I've also been searching for a cheap alternative just to use as a ebook reader for the massive amounts of java and android development books i have been downloading. I'm a walgreens employee and looking at my next weeks ad i found this android powered tablet on sale for $99.99. I can not find anything on the internet about this tablet though.

Maylong M-150 Universe Tablet PC Powered By Android | Walgreens

I do plan on buying it tomorrow for a ebook reader and i figured that i would practice hacking on it. Rather screw up a $100 device than a couple hundred. If anyone finds any info post up and I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it.
  2. richardf@hotmail.com

richardf@hotmail.com New Member

Maylong M-150

I ordered a Maylong M-150 today. I could not find much information about it but it has to be better than an Augen Gentouch 78 which was $149.00 and I tried 2 to get one that worked. None did.
  3. janorton05

janorton05 New Member

Yeah i just placed my order as well. The best part is that if it sucks just hang on to the invoice and you can return it to walgreens within 30 days. I just wish i could find any information about the hardware. One hell of a deal though.
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
  5. droidtom

droidtom New Member

That flat computing one looks nice. I was going to order one of the Galaxy tabs for sure, but this one looks like it could fit the bill considering I only want it as a wifi unit. I will pay the no contract price for the galaxy if i have too. If the screen on it is as nice as the one on the fascinate it would be fantastic.
  6. timmyjoe42

timmyjoe42 New Member

Android 1.6....resistive touch screen....256 mb ram....

It may be worth it if you are looking for something very basic.

ML-205 GPS System Features
  7. Tepes

Tepes New Member

For $100 bucks, doesn't look half bad. For those that are going for it, keep posting. I would be interested to hear how well it actually works.
  8. janorton05

janorton05 New Member

Over on Xda Themiddie found out that stats were incorrect

"256RAM

Android 2.0

Network/USB dongle for potential 3G

Runs Youtube great and has same e-reader as Samsung.

The website link is correct" - Themiddie

"M150 Universe Tablet PC Features" -tecjunkie

these are the correct stats. sweet that it actually has 2.0.
  9. forumguest

forumguest New Member

I really know next to nothing about this tech stuff. I was hoping you all could help. I saw the maylong m 150 tablet in walgreens salespaper and wondered if you could download movies to it to watch. I am looking for something thin to watch movies on while on a treadmill. Could you download from netflix to this tablet?
  10. danobegood

danobegood New Member

I'll let you all know what I find out soon enough. Just got the UPS shipment notification from Walgreens, although UPS doesn't have tracking info yet.
  11. janorton05

janorton05 New Member

They sure do take their sweet time getting this thing shipped. I still haven't received my shipping information yet. It should play movies though, it says it has a movie player.
  12. haysja

haysja New Member

Just ordered one

I ordered one a couple hours ago. I am ordering as a test unit with a possible elementary school use in mind so the "no camera" and the "no market" issues are not important to me. If it can view the web, be used as a reader, and play minimal media files I will be happy.

Just testing capabilities and I know that the units we end up with will be far different from this one.

I just can't see spending the $$ for iPads or Galaxies when we only need a small subset of the capabilities.

My "real" tablet will come later after this first generation sorts itself out.
  13. KellBell1234

KellBell1234 New Member

I ordered one yesterday. I did the expedited shipping but haven't gotten any shipping notice yet. I'm excited to get it and try it out! I noticed they changed the will ship within 2 day to will ship in 7 days today....I'm hoping that my order will ship within 2 since I ordered it yesterday when I was still showing that when I ordered it.

I will post my review once I get it. I'm not a techie by any means...just your average mom that wants to read email and surf the net before I nod off to sleep :) So I think it should work fine for my needs - I hope!
  14. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    :welcome: to the forum, KellBell!

Yes, as a non-tech-inclined person your views of this device would be most useful. I know I'm looking forward to seeing what you think! :)
  15. janorton05

janorton05 New Member

I ordered mine on saturday and got my shipping info from ups wednesday. I had called to see what was taking so long and they need a few days for processing apparently. Not the quickest but hopefully it will be worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  16. droid 101

droid 101 New Member

I just got my maylong bout 20 min ago it lags some is bulky but has a camera and video camera so woah didnt see that it sucks but its still there i ordered it form walgreens its cheaply made but so far works good just like a bigger version of my hero
  17. richardf@hotmail.com

richardf@hotmail.com New Member

I got my Maylong M-150 today at 3 p. m. I ordered it Saturday. I booted after 1 hr. charging. Attached to web, has a camera, well made compared to Augen GT78. Has screen orentation, boo koo apps, email works, browser works, volume control works. I am very happy with it.
  18. rokky

rokky New Member

Can any of y'all who have received your units tell which version of Android they are running?
  19. droid 101

droid 101 New Member

maylong

ok this hole thing is so sketch idk if its even real it heres a list of things it has that it didnt say it have, video camera, os 1.5 and i pluged my mouse and keyboard up via usb and they work so i just f**ked the touch screen and i can charge my phone and copy files such as music from it and save it on the maylong, the instructions have the grammer of a first grader and my plastic back where it has the fine print junk is upside down, someone please tell me i got the right thing why does it have a camera im so lost i got it the second day i ordered it i had it at noon yesterday
  20. JBPK

JBPK New Member

M-150

Maylong CS says 1.6 not upgradeable.
Search tags for this page

hard reset maylong tablet

hard reset maylong tablet#gsc.tab

how to reset a maylong tablet

how to reset maylong m150

how to reset maylong tablet

maylong m 150 factory reset

maylong m-150 factory reset