Marketplace No Longer Works

twalbaum

Reaction score
So I installed Liberty and the Revo Remix theme, and some other stuff, and it was working great for a day, and then all of a sudden my Marketplace just stopped working. The vending app is still there, but Marketplace doesn't show up in my app drawer, in my installed apps list, or anywhere. I still have my shortcut on my home screen, but clicking it doesnt do anything. Tried reinstalling it by copy/pasting the vending.apk from a fresh version of Liberty into system/app on the defunct Liberty, and nothing. Even tried doing it via an update.zip install. I really don't want to do a complete reinstall. Any help?

irish22022

Reaction score
yeah, seems like revoremix has some issues. I can't get the themed facebook or news and weather on mine at all. Just won't work.

OP
T

twalbaum

Reaction score
I kept a backup of my defunct Liberty and did a reinstall. I loaded up remix first thing to test marketplace. Market works fine with revo right now. But then again, last time it all ran perfectly fine with revo for a while and then suddenly just stopped working.

OP
T

twalbaum

Reaction score
Got it all setup the way I want it again. So far my marketplace still works. Lets hope it stays that way...

Sent from Outer Space using Magic!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I have had issues with the market on a few different themes. First it was the Nex Theme, then it was the Gala Theme. I tried reinstalling the vending.apk from stock liberty and even went and found different vending.apk's from the web. Never had any luck getting them to not FC. The only thing that worked was flashing back to a backup I made right after installing liberty. Now I am on the revolution remix theme with no issues.

OP
T

twalbaum

Reaction score
I tried to flash back to a backup of my Liberty setup before market stopped working, and it still wouldn't work. It was weird... I really hope this new install works and I don't have to do this again.

irish22022

Reaction score
now my marketplace isn't working either. I'm just going to flash a new theme, this revremix is rad, but it's too much trouble to get all the working components. I never found a way to get the themed facebook/news and weather.

I'm just waiting for 1.5 so I can switch to a new theme that's compatible.

xliderider

Reaction score
Just reinstall Liberty in between themes without wiping Data and Cache to "reset" all the System files. Haven't had any problems since I started doing that.