Market Issues

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the market. Whenever I download something from the market, it well repeatedly re-download the app over and over and over, even if the installation was successful. I'm tried Data/Factory resets many times and wiped cache completely so I could start from scratch but I get the same problem every time. This happened when switching from the Cyanogenmod /Jrummy to Bugless ROM. I've been searching all over the forums but I'm just about ready to give up.

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
There has to e someone that knows. I'm stumped. Now I can't even connect to the market.

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I think one of my files may have got messed. I don't know which one or how. I do know that the apps keep downloading themselves and it very irritating. I don't know how to solve this. Could it be the market apk file?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to advise. Earlier this morning, the market notified me that I had six updates. Five downloaded without a problem. The maps download was not successful but a second attempt was successful.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing-- what were you doing that caused you delete the apk and where did you find the replacement?

Mike

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I was switching from Cyanogen to Bugless v1. I couldn't make up my mind between the two so I kept switch back and forth about 5x in one day trying out different things on each ROM and comparing the two. I guess there was a market update or something that must have happened as I was switching over later during the day and the phone didn't like it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Were you using rom manager to switch roms?

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Yea it was pretty goofy. I wasn't using ROM Manager at the time. I had a back-up of a clean slate Cyanogen ROM and then the kernel, ROM, and Theme for for BB v1. I was using Clock Works recovery at the time, so I didn't need to name everything update.zip. I could pick a zip file straight from the sd card. So i would mess with BB for a bit then when I wanted to switch over, I would just recover Cyanogen.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Grasping at straws -- I wonder if switching between SPR and rom manager caused the issue?

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I highly doubt that because I was using Cyanogen for a while with no market issues at all. Part of the reason for the switch was because of ROM Manager. As much as it was convenient, and simple, I just didn't like. I prefer going into the backups to put in new ROMs and what not. I guess that's because my teacher always stressed that we work in the console whenever we did anything Linux related.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% with doing things yourself!

The only reason I installed rom manager was to get an understanding so I would be able to respond for the Rescue Squad.

Like you, I've given serious consideration to removing. When I switch roms, I flash the alternative and revert back to SPR.

Mike