Market issues, multiple downloads for one program

igknight

Reaction score
I have an issue that I have not been able to figure out, not sure if anyone else has seen this or not.

Some times when I download a program, or and update from the market, it will download, then do nothing, no notification that it failed, or was downloaded, but I watched it hit 100%. When I go to re-download it, it will show 2 files downloading and start over. If I leave the market, then pull down the drop down and touch the market download notification, if I had 1 program, it will become 2, if I had 2, it will become 4, etc...

I think its trying to download them all because the percentage done changes, and I can't cancel them. If I cancel them, the 'ghost' downloads wont stop, they just download then not install.

I have unlimited data on my phone so thats not an issue, more of an annoyance.

vvildcard

Reaction score
I've experienced this before... it usually happens when I'm being impatient. It actually happened more on my D1, though, which further backs up my suspicion that I'm simply trying to make the phone do too much. If I just let it do it's thing for 10 minutes, it usually clears up. On my DX2, it has only happened once (twice?) that I can recall and that was before doing the rooting tricks to better manage the memory.

Erock13

Reaction score
I have the same issue too.. It downloaded one thing over 10 times when i let it keep going.. Ive figured out that if you hit download, and dont leave the market at all until its done, it will download once and install just like it should.. Which, sometimes, if youre on 3g, can be awhile for some things, but I havent really figured out anything else, hopefully itll be fixed once a new update comes out.. Have you tried a different program like appbrain?

OP
igknight

igknight

Reaction score
I thought appbrain just directed you to the market now to install the apps?

Yesterday I tried to install a 50+ meg game that I decided I didn't need as its on my Xoom, and I was leaving the only access to wireless I had, so I went to cancel it. Between hitting the download button and then (20 minutes), I didn't touch my phone and it said it was downloading it twice. I opened the market so now I have 3, canceled the one in market, still have 2, 3 hours later, still downloading, killing my bat. Was able to clear the cache on the Download Manager and that stopped it.

Erock13

Reaction score
huh.. ive never had or seen that problem.. have you tried downloading anything after clearing your cache?