Manually Download 6.11.747.XT912

err.peer

Reaction score
Has anyone posted a working link to the VZW 6.11.747.XT912 update (or 748, whatever)?
I know patience is a virtue, but I want it NOW

gling

Reaction score
They have it up over on XDA and it seems to be hit and miss on if it takes. I tried installing it through stock recovery after unrooting and restoring back to (what I thought was) stock, and got an error in; tmp/sideload/package.zip(status 7) update aborted.
Now I'm wondering if the OTA will install when it comes. I'm thinking it might be time for a factory reset to shake out any gremlins I left in there when rooted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1401216

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
E

err.peer

Reaction score
Thank you! I wasn't rooted, and had no problem installing. Put it on sd-ext.
I think the camera loads and shoots faster, but haven't noticed any data changes/improvements.

Stik

Reaction score
Can someone who hasn't applied the update yet zip up all the contents of /preinstall and share them? Would be greatly appreciated :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Can someone who hasn't applied the update yet zip up all the contents of /preinstall and share them? Would be greatly appreciated :)

Its in the RAZR hacks area here on the forums. I'd link you but I'm mobile.

Its an easy install. Just download the package and put it on the root of your SD card/boot into recovery /choose install update zip from SD card /choose the package and you are off to the races.

Anyway, go into the RAZR hack area and its there. Good luck!

Sent from Droid RAZR

Stik

Reaction score
Its in the RAZR hacks area here on the forums. I'd link you but I'm mobile.

Its an easy install. Just download the package and put it on the root of your SD card/boot into recovery /choose install update zip from SD card /choose the package and you are off to the races.

Anyway, go into the RAZR hack area and its there. Good luck!

Sent from Droid RAZR

nice... tyvm :)

Edit: I looked and I can't find it over there. I see the section for applying the update but I need the files in /preinstall because I was a bonehead and didn't backup before installing into safe-mode in safestrap. The update want's to patch 4 files in this directory in which I don't have.

Last edited:

killboredom

Reaction score
I'm running stock and downloaded off the megaupload link that's on xda thread.

moved to external sd.

Rebooted to stock recovery
(holds volume up and down at the same time whole powering on, select recovery, then hit volume up and down at the same time again...rather tricky. Choose install update from sd,, select file and go. Took a while, then choose system reboot)

Worked like a charm!

Can't tell a difference, but only did this five minutes ago :)

killboredom

Reaction score
Ok, first highly unscientific test.

Streaming spotify from home to the store and back. Wifi to 4g to 3g and back. Not a single drop...flawless data handoff the whole way.

This has NEVER worked until applying this update.

I won't hold my breath, but i'm far more optimistic now! :)

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
You must be one of the lucky ones. I barely got the razor 3 days ago and got the supposly soak teat update yesterday. I still can't get a 4g connection at my home. As of right now i have no data connection at all. I tried rebooting several times,toggling airplane mode 4-5 times and no data. I really, really hope Verizon fixes this issue. Out of having the bionic, rezound, nexus and razor. The rezound was the only 4g phone that i would get a good 4g signal out of. I mean is it the actual software that's causing the problem or is it the hardware. And Verizon says they have the most reliable 4g network. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You must be one of the lucky ones. I barely got the razor 3 days ago and got the supposly soak teat update yesterday. I still can't get a 4g connection at my home. As of right now i have no data connection at all. I tried rebooting several times,toggling airplane mode 4-5 times and no data. I really, really hope Verizon fixes this issue. Out of having the bionic, rezound, nexus and razor. The rezound was the only 4g phone that i would get a good 4g signal out of. I mean is it the actual software that's causing the problem or is it the hardware. And Verizon says they have the most reliable 4g network. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Verizon network is experiencing widespread outages again from what I am hearing. Here on the east coast, it's working fine in the Philadelphia area. Just have patience. I think there were just too many new 4G phones activated in too short a time, what with the $ 0.01 sale from Amazon and the $ 0.99 sale from Costco.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I have the same problem on 1st power in the Am. takes about 20 to 30 min. to get data. I have found if I go to wifi a while,( if you have it ) turn off wifi then then I get 3G ( blue) and 3 or 4 bars in blue also. During data outage it shows 4 "White" bars and unable to use data ie ..market, internet. but can use voice calls as well as email and text mess.

dewar

Reaction score
nice... tyvm :)

Edit: I looked and I can't find it over there. I see the section for applying the update but I need the files in /preinstall because I was a bonehead and didn't backup before installing into safe-mode in safestrap. The update want's to patch 4 files in this directory in which I don't have.

Please post a link if you were able to find this.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Has anyone posted a working link to the VZW 6.11.747.XT912 update (or 748, whatever)?
I know patience is a virtue, but I want it NOW
I don't know if it makes a difference, but the "soak" update version is 6.11.748 XT912.

droidvip

Reaction score
Just got the update and it is 6.11.748 not 747

breedingh8

Reaction score
Just got the update and it is 6.11.748 not 747

Mine failed twice it gets about halfway done with the load yellow bar and reboots then fails.... Hrm

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums