6.12.181.xt912 to 6.14.75.XT912????

gone_hog_wild

Reaction score
so i cant seem to find any good files to dl every file i get is courpt can some one point me to some good dls so that i can get my razr to ics thanks. and is it possiable to go from 6.12.181.xt912 to 6.14.75.XT912 with out going back to 6.12.173.xt912? and i only want 6.14.75.xt912 ics.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
all credit goes to b419kid from droidrzr.com for writing this guide!

Prerequisites:

• Phone:
    • Phone must be running System Version 6.12.181 (Completely Stock) If you do not know whether your phone is running a completely stock system, you are better off restoring. Follow the steps below, under “Restore Directions” to restore.
    • If bootstrap or safestrap is currently installed on your phone or you have ever installed bootstrap or safestrap on your phone, then you must restore. If this doesn’t apply to you, please skip past the restore directions below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restore Directions
*THIS RESTORE WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR DATA. Make sure it is all backed up. (I suggest using Titanium Backup from the Market.)

*During the restore, if you are watching the CMD window, you will see the [COLOR=#282828 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#282828 !important][FONT=inherit !important]following [/FONT][COLOR=#282828 !important][FONT=inherit !important]errors[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] at some point:[/COLOR]
1) "error: cannot load 'files\logo.bin'
2) "error: cannot load 'restore\cdrom'
Both errors are completely normal. They will happen every time the restore process is run. Don't worry. Just continue with the guide.
  • Download the Droid Razr Utility to you computer.
  • Turn off your phone.
  • Hold down both volume keys and hold down the power button simultaneously. After a few seconds, the phone should boot into the “Boot Mode Selection Menu”.
  • Scroll down to “AP Fastboot” with the volume-down key and select it with the volume up key.
  • Once in “AP Fastboot Mode (S)”, open the Droid Razr Utility on your computer.
  • Choose the restore option in the droid razr utility. (Option 1).
  • Follow the on screen instructions.
  • After you follow the instructions, the program will proceed by “sending” a ton of files to your phone. Just relax and get a snack. This step will take a few minutes.
  • Once the phone [COLOR=#282828 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#282828 !important][FONT=inherit !important]reboots[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], you are now on a completely stock install of 6.12.181
  • Remember: You must re-root now b/c you have just restored. {Root directions are right below this section.}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{SKIP THIS IF YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED ON .181}

Rooting Gingerbread (6.12.181)
  • Open up the "Combo ICS Install 0.3" folder on your computer and launch "Combo ICS Utility 0.3.batch".
  • In the utility, choose option 1.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • During the process your phone will reboot twice. Once it does, you can continue with the guide.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Part A: Installing ICS version 6.14.79
  • Launch “Combo ICS Utility 0.3.batch”.
  • In the utility, choose option 2.
    • The utility will list things onscreen you must do before continuing. Do all of them!
*You must press any key on your keyboard twice for the install to start; once the process starts, the utility will “push” a few files to your device. After about a minute, multiple prompts will pop up on your phone.
  • Accept all the on-screen prompts on your phone.
  • Eventually, your phone will prompt you to reboot. Click reboot. *The utility may quit at this point. Don't worry if it does: step 3 occurs solely on your phone.
  • After the phone reboots, you will see a progress bar. Wait for the process to finish. This step can take 15-20 minutes to finish.
  • Once your phone reboots, it will begin upgrading files. Once you can see your lock screen, you can continue.
Part B: Regaining root access on ICS. (Don’t touch the device during these reboots. Furthermore, do not worry if the screen goes black or if the screen freezes. Just make sure your phone boots during each step of this part.)
  • Relaunch the "Combo ICS Utility 0.3.batch".
  • Select option 3.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions.
  • After the third reboot, you should have root access on ICS
all credit goes to b419kid from droidrzr.com for writing this guide!

N7OKN

Reaction score
Everything worked PERFECTLY ... Until an unguarded moment when...

I accidently clicked OK to take the ICS update tonight, and I lost root. Is there hope? Is it possible to revert and set things right?
:mad: