manage apps/data manager

aprallstar

Reaction score
ok so i cant find a thread so i will make one...i have the droid 2 global and the battery life sucks. to make up for this during the day i will turn my data and background data off. i will also go into manage applications and force close facebook and a couple other apps that continuously refresh.

now time for the problem...when i go to settings and click applications and i see the 6 options i will click on manage applications and it will take about 30 seconds just to load(i just counted)

the same with the data manager...i goto settings click data manager and it takes 15 seconds to load....

HELP please

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
I also have a d2g and mine took about 10sec. Why don't you just get advanced task killer, instead of going that rout to kill running apps.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
A

aprallstar

Reaction score
I also have a d2g and mine took about 10sec. Why don't you just get advanced task killer, instead of going that rout to kill running apps.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

i have atk

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you go in there it has to scan your device for apps and get all their data etc it's a lot of work especially if you have a lot of apps although 30 seconds is a bit long.

I recommend getting auto killer from the market that's pretty nice and you can just set profiles that will just kill things for you

I also recommend go launcher which has a built in task killer as well which is really easy to get to whenever you're at your homescreen

knivesout

Reaction score
You're just killing your battery faster with task killers as the apps just restart automatically. If you don't want the apps to run, root your phone and use titanium backup to freeze or uninstall the unnecessary apps.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Titanium backup i really dislike honestly but yea i don't use a task killer really i have autokiller but never really open it the android system is pretty good at killing stuff anyway but i was just giving out what i've used and found to work pretty nice