Rom Manager doing... nothing

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Gibbsinator, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Gibbsinator

Gibbsinator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so my phone is rooted, and all my root required apps seem to be working fine. Well, I wanted to try some new roms, and most definitely backup my phone. So I start Rom manager, flash clockwork recovery, it tells me that was successful, then I try to backup current ROM, and it restarts my phone, and it loads up like nothing has changed. I go to Manage and restore current backups, and there is nothing there. If it makes a difference, the little loading swirl at the bottom is basically always there.

I'm quite confused, I thought this was a straight forward application, but it just seems not to be doing anything. Any help is appreciated.

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,404
    do you have the bootstrap app and did you click run bootstrap

3. Gibbsinator

Gibbsinator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been kind of confused about bootstrap. Is this a desperate app from Clockword/Rom Manager that I NEED to USE it? If so this would help.

4. Dustin.

Dustin. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D2 Bootstrapper has saved me from TWO boot loops, makes it a lot more easier to boot in to CWR and backup/restore etc..

It's worth the whole 2 bucks. Plus it's a saver you from adding a paperweight to your desk :p

5. Gibbsinator

Gibbsinator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, well, with bootstrap recovery enabled, Rom Manager successfully backed up and listed my ROM, so that is a plus. I also fixed file extensions, which MIGHT have contributed to the issue.