Major Issues with my X2

mlfrey72

Reaction score
Got my phone...LOVED it...about a month into using it, started screwing up when I am texting. I will text it will pop it out into the conversation menu, go back in text a few words, pop me back out again, and when you go back in to type, your text doesn't show up as ur typing it, then when you click done, it looks glitchy for a few minutes...then clears up. So took it in. They reset my phone to factory resets. Lost everything I downloaded...*sigh*...This seemed to fix the problem...at first...another month into it, It's doing the same thing. The only thing that is the same about the last time is I downloaded the nook app again, as I read books for my business on there. Really DON'T want to have to take it in and reset it only to lose stuff again in a month, plus, can't right now as I am laid up after surgery and cannot travel the 11 miles to town and walk around. So if ANYONE knows what MIGHT be causing this issue or HOW to fix it without losing everything on my phone again...PLS!!! REPLY!!!

I had this issue with my first X2, my second X2 (after 5 days), and my third X2 after two more weeks. I love how I paid for a brand new phone and inky had it for 5good days and have had refurbished pieces of crap since. This phone (3rd) reboots constantly. The camera constantly tells me that it can't initialize. It also freezes when using the camera and then reboots. It has "died" several times and the only way to get it back in is by removing the battery. I have to remove the battery at least 5-6a times a day. I was told every time that the apps were causing these problems. I only had 8 added apps. Same apps I had on my X1. So...to prove them wrong at Verizon...I did not add one single app to the 3rd phone. Low and behold I experienced the same problems!! I have spent over 10 hours dealing with Verizon. They are willing to send me ANOTHER X2. I don't want it!!! This phone is HORRIBLE. I had NO problems with my X1. I have 5to phones with Verizon and spend about $400 a month. They wont work with me. 3 phones that are crap within five weeks. I am ready to leave and take my business to Apple!!!

There's more problems I'm having too...but I'm so angry I can't remember them all. I should NOT have to deal with all this crap! And one more thing.... when I go INTO the Verizon store... I get treated like I'm wrong. They are rude and definitely not cherish their customers!!!!
/Rant

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I had this issue with my first X2, my second X2 (after 5 days), and my third X2 after two more weeks. I love how I paid for a brand new phone and inky had it for 5good days and have had refurbished pieces of crap since. This phone (3rd) reboots constantly. The camera constantly tells me that it can't initialize. It also freezes when using the camera and then reboots. It has "died" several times and the only way to get it back in is by removing the battery. I have to remove the battery at least 5-6a times a day. I was told every time that the apps were causing these problems. I only had 8 added apps. Same apps I had on my X1. So...to prove them wrong at Verizon...I did not add one single app to the 3rd phone. Low and behold I experienced the same problems!! I have spent over 10 hours dealing with Verizon. They are willing to send me ANOTHER X2. I don't want it!!! This phone is HORRIBLE. I had NO problems with my X1. I have 5to phones with Verizon and spend about $400 a month. They wont work with me. 3 phones that are crap within five weeks. I am ready to leave and take my business to Apple!!!

There's more problems I'm having too...but I'm so angry I can't remember them all. I should NOT have to deal with all this crap! And one more thing.... when I go INTO the Verizon store... I get treated like I'm wrong. They are rude and definitely not cherish their customers!!!!
/Rant

I sympathize. One option they started to offer was if you complain enough, they'll replace it with another phone, usually a Droid3 or Droid Incredible. Not sure if they'll still do this, but myself and others I've read on the forum had that option. As for the store, the ones here are bi-polar. Store near my old place was awesome, everyone was super friendly (or acted it) and pretty much responded to all of your questions no matter how ridiculous with a smile and charming tone. The one near my new place is much more ghetto and the employees treat you like crap. When I walk in several employees will eye me and then go on their way, I have to walk up to someone. The other day I walked up to this lady (who looked like a b**ch in the first place) and stood there for a second before she said "Can I help you?" I tell her about my bionic data issue and she interrupts me and starts to tell me about how she's been hearing about this problem all day and there's nothing that can be done about it right now until the update. But the tone she said this in was so monotonous and frustrated. And the look she gave made me look like a fool. So I just said "Alright." Turned around and walked out. Only about half way to the door did she almost inaudibly say "Sorry about the issues you're...." by that time I was pretty much out the door. Ridiculous. I'm going to start going out of my way to go to the other store if I need to.

nickydishes

Reaction score
Got my phone...LOVED it...about a month into using it, started screwing up when I am texting. I will text it will pop it out into the conversation menu, go back in text a few words, pop me back out again, and when you go back in to type, your text doesn't show up as ur typing it, then when you click done, it looks glitchy for a few minutes...then clears up. So took it in. They reset my phone to factory resets. Lost everything I downloaded...*sigh*...This seemed to fix the problem...at first...another month into it, It's doing the same thing. The only thing that is the same about the last time is I downloaded the nook app again, as I read books for my business on there. Really DON'T want to have to take it in and reset it only to lose stuff again in a month, plus, can't right now as I am laid up after surgery and cannot travel the 11 miles to town and walk around. So if ANYONE knows what MIGHT be causing this issue or HOW to fix it without losing everything on my phone again...PLS!!! REPLY!!!

The EXACT same thing happened to me with my phone, I had it factory reset twice and replaced once. The 3rd time this happened in the 3 months I owned the phone I was ready to blow a gasket. FINALLY I called customer service and the person knew exactly what I was talking about and knew how to fix it. It has to do with the "next word prediction" option when you go into your keyboard options. Anyone who is experiencing this go to Settings > Language & Keyboard > Multi-touch keyboard settings. Then scroll down and UNCHECK "Next word prediction." I was on the phone with customer service as they walked me through this. I tried texting someone immediately and it fixed the problem and never came back. She told me this was a problem that motorola has to address and fix. They may have fixed it in the system update that have been made available recently. If not, follow those steps and it should be the trick. All else fails - call tech support to tell them your problem because the employees in the store dont know anything other than to factory reset phones or give you new ones!

Last edited: