Major issues after 3 weeks of use... (MAJOR LAG & more)

guyinlaca

Reaction score
After reading the stellar reviews, its clear I probably got a dud. Issues I've had:

1. The speakerphone volume fluctuates significantly from call to call. It's much quieter than my Droid 1 even at its loudest.

2. The first week, the phone would randomly stall briefly while navigating the app drawer, going through contacts, or zooming the browser. I could deal with minor hiccups, but After 3 weeks, every other press would cause the phone to stall for 4-5 seconds, then all at once, all my presses would register at once. Half the time, apps would open that I didn't even want. It reached a point where pressing "speaker" while in a call would take 5+ seconds to actually turn on the speakerphone. I originally thought it was a MotoBlur problem, so I used LauncherPro, which sped things up, but the phone STILL stalls. Everytime I select contacts, the red loading circle appears and it takes a second or two.

3. Half the time, the camera refuses to capture an image. If there is even slight movement, the capture fails.

4. 3G data reception in buildings is far worse than the Droid 1. I can still make calls in all the same places but I lose 3G data about once or twice a day and it causes everything to stop loading. The plastic edge over the antenna of the phone appears to be slightly bowed/loose, so perhaps this is part of the problem.

5. The on-screen keyboard stalls all the time, missing letters and causing the predictive text to make a random mess. I HAVE to use the slide out keyboard every time.

6. Every few days, the browser stops loading pages entirely. It will say "loading..." but the red bar disappears, and nothing happens. I have to manually go into the application settings and clear the cache before the browser will work again. DroidForums, and sites with flash cause the browser to force close once or twice a day.

I have owned every major Verizon Motorola since the V710 and I'm baffled that I'm experiencing so many issues all at once on the Droid 2. From what I can tell, my Droid 1 was far more stable, and I'm considering shipping the Droid 2 back.

To me, the phone appears to have memory management issues. At any given time, there are 20+ apps running in the background on the Droid 2, whereas the Droid 1 had 5-10. I've done three factory resets and they only seem to be a temporary fix. Anyone else experiencing these things?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, you did do the update, correct?

OP
G

guyinlaca

Reaction score
Yes, I did the update. The stalls got WORSE after the update. I tried a factory reset and it's still lagging on me. I'm frustrated.

Because I bought it online, the stores won't touch the phone. The FRU they sent me is a POS.

Decisions, decisions, send it back for a refund, or be persistent until the store swaps it out.

hyatari

Reaction score
Can't say I have the same issues but can't say I don't miss my D1 either. I just got a d2 warranty replacement and there are definitely some bugs to work out. The whole motoblur skin just doesnt do much for me and niether does all the added widgets and such. Stock android is just fine for me but i digress. As far as memory management goes tho the D2 has double the ram the D1 has. Android fills the ram up to a certain point so there will be alot more running on the D2. Having wifi issues on mine. Sometimes wifi hangs or has trouble connecting even on an open network. Sometimes 3g doesn't connect either, possibly because of the wifi prob. Anyhow id try and get a new one if I was you.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

bizzshow

Reaction score
just noticed the same wifi issues today with my d2 but oh well im rooted with autokiller set to extreme and no transitions this thing flies. i really dont miss my d1. its bad but i thought i would. and i dont have a problem with most of the blur widgets
edit
op you can always try to sbf it if you know were to find the darn thing

Last edited: