Major Battery & Connectivity Issues...Out of Ideas!!

eleusis211

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola XT1080M (Droid MAXX)
Ok so I have had my Droid RAZR for about a year and a half now. For the last month or so I have been having issues with battery life and network connectivity that have finally deteriorated to the point where the phone is more or less unusable. Here are the symptoms:

1) When I charge the battery on AC it goes to "Full Charge" within a half hour. However, when I unplug from AC the battery indicator immediately jumps to 50-60% and is usually down to 5% within 15 minutes. The phone is more or less useless unless I leave it plugged in.

2) The phone will randomly jump to "No Service" when I know I am in an area with service. Turning the phone off/on or waiting a few minutes resolves the problem but it is really annoying.

3) Sometimes the phone will randomly shut off when I use a battery/memory intensive task such as navigation or viewing video. This happens even when the phone is plugged in on AC.

I feel like I have tried everything. I've reformatted the internal memory, done multiple hard resets, and even rooted the phone then ran the Battery Calibration app. Nothing seems to work. I am up for a new contract in October so I'm really trying to make this phone last until then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is for a Motorola Droid RAZR 16GB running Android 4.1.2.

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
If your phone is constantly loosing service, that can cause battery drain because it is always searching for a signal.
You may have a bad SIM card. I would take it to Verizon and have them check it.
My best guess.