Magic Leap is a Cool New Augmented & Virtual Reality Hybrid Gaming Concept

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is this video above the future of video games? It seems likely, and quite intriguing. The folks at Weta Workshop are creating something called Magic Leap and the above video showcases the awesome concepts they are working toward.

Magic Leap is actually several different technologies merged into one. It utilizes virtual reality, augmented reality and future tech user interfaces to create a seamless working environment that can actually morph into a fun video game environment on the fly. They call the concept “cinematic reality,” and it aims to revolutionize the way we interact with multiple aspects of our environment, from our email to our office space.

In fact, Google has even invested $542 million toward making the Magic Leap “cinematic reality" a "real" reality. All we can say is... how are we supposed to get any work done with awesome stuff like this to play with?!?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was under the impression that Magic Leap was the name of the company working on this project, but I could have misread that.

Either way, this is a pretty cool and exciting concept. Between this and Hololens, I think we're moving in the right direction to destroy productivity altogether.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'll take a different turn with this. What often first finds its way into gaming consoles and such, eventually makes its way into productivity through incorporation into business software. This IS the wave of the future. All the movies and TV shows you've seen where they manipulate images and documents and maps and even video conferences with their hands just like this, are coming and it will be through the incredible drive, determination, deep pockets, and desire of the hard-core gaming industry that it will become reality.

I believe that it may result in reduced productivity initially, on the short run or in some situations, but eventually will increase productivity exponentially in the long run.