low internal memory help

nadia331

Reaction score
Hi,
I've only just registered here and I need help with my phone. My phone specifications are as follows;
I use a htc A310e.
The android version on my phone is 2.3.5 (gingerbread). I have not upgraded.
My phone is 5 months old.
I've not installed too many apps on it yet.

I tried installing wechat today and my phone tells me my internal memory is too low, which is true.
I need help on this. I know you can't increase the existing internal storage capacity..

I read a few discussions and articles that spoke about rooting etc, and I've to honestly say, I've no clue what to do. I like my phone, and I know it can be pretty amazing if I learn how to use it to its potential. I'm no gadget freak. I don't know much about this stuff, and I don't understand a lot of the technical gadget jargon that I read.
If I consider rooting my phone, might I regret it later? And the posts about rooting that I read on a forum here scared me. Lol. Made me feel rooting is only for those people who know exactly how to use a smartphone. I don't. Il be honest.

I want to learn how to use my phone, and use it right.. help me please..

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing you have some data on the phone you aren't aware of. Open the File Manager, (possibly called "my files") and look in the various folders, especially downloads to see if there are some large files that need to be deleted. It's also possible that some items only were copied, not moved to the SD card. Restart your phone then install an app called Clean Master and have it search for cache that can be deleted.

When that's all done instgall an app called Disk Usage, it will locate the larger files to let you know what else may need deleting.