love the rom but cant get custom ringtones to play

ultima

Reaction score
What app does everyone else use to make custom ringtones out of mp3s on this rom cause obviously ringdroid isn't compatible with the d2 unlike my og droid where it worked with every rom i tried flawlessly.

just made a ringdroid ringtone and it worked 100%...set it to 3 diff contacts and all played the ringtone

jschoef

Reaction score
That app didn't work for with the system sounds.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jschoef

Reaction score
App didn't work with custom tones either.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
Its crazy but atleast i know its not just me when I get off of work I will read the guide hopefully it will solve this issue. Its not just an issue with this rom but any rom on the d2 that doesn't have the blur dialer.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i still make mine on my laptop but i havent noticed probs using diff ROMs, and i KNOW not on Liberty bc it just rang like 5 minutes ago

ultima what location did you place your ringtones? i've tried it at the default ringrdroid on which is /sdcard/media/ringtones and on thr root of the phone at system/media/ringtones

ill try ringdroid to see if i get your same prob

kejar i looked at the sticky for the guides didnt see a guide for the custom ringtone. i tried mp3 ringtone maker with the same results. i've wiped and reinstalled the rom twice with the same results.

what apps if any does everyone recommend to make custom ringtones work on this rom.

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i ventured over to the droidx forum section and saw the sticky that kejar31 posted about custom ringtones not working so to ultima where did you place the ringtones you made from your pc and what program did u use to make them. I am going to try to make them with audacity and i will post if it works or not for me.

i'd like to see the option to have the blur dialer as an addon i'm going to search the market for 3rd party dialers this might fix it i hope. the rom is fantastic just not diggin my one ringtone for everyone. I hope someone figures how to make the contacts local or maybe trick the phone to thinking it's a local contact just for custom tones.

ultima

Reaction score
the ringdroid tone i made had to go to default bc i dont know where it is lol

and now i know why lol i already have a media folder on my sdcard and its set up like ringdroids /sdcard/media/ringtones

i use Xilosoft Ringtone Maker on the pc...idk the limitations on the free download, i have the paid one. i make on laptop then put them in that media/ringtones folder...i guess since ringdroid worked for me i can now use it also

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i guess im one of the few that feels the lack of custom ringtones is a deal breaker. i mean it worked it on the asop phone on the og droid why not this one?

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
a fix for this issue in the next release just to let everyone know