love the rom but cant get custom ringtones to play

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i've been on this rom a few times and every time i can't get my custom ringtones i made using ringdroid to work when assigned to my contacts. I've had the same ringtones since the og droid and it worked everytime someone called in it would play my custom ringtone.

Since i've had the droid2 so far only two roms squidly and apex play my custom ringtones for each contact. I've asked for help on other roms threads and no one could help me on this very important feature that should work. I hope someone can help me out on this rom to get them to work tired of hearing my default ringtone and would like to know who's calling me please help.

jskrieg04

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. My custom ringtones work, but only when set as the default ringtone. But when I set a ringtone for a specific contact, regardless of whether it's a custom or generic ringtone, only the default ringtone will play.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet the ring delay in the build.prop is set to short. If you know how to edit the build.prop, change the ring delay to anywhere between 1000-3000. Higher the number longer the delay.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jskrieg04

Reaction score
No, I don't know how to edit that. However, what would the delay have to do with individual contact ringtones not being played? Honest question.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I don't know how to edit that. However, what would the delay have to do with individual contact ringtones not being played? Honest question.

It's a known issue. If you set it to short, the system doesn't have enough time to find the custom ringtone for the incoming call and uses the default one instead.

jskrieg04

Reaction score
O ok. Im pretty savy with this stuff in that I can figure how to do about any of this stuff with some decent directions. Are there any directions on how to do that?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
O ok. Im pretty savy with this stuff in that I can figure how to do about any of this stuff with some decent directions. Are there any directions on how to do that?

There's and app called Root Explorer on the market that is good for a LOT of things, but would also be wonderful for this. If you want to download it (it is a paid app), I will help you out that way.

jskrieg04

Reaction score
I already have it, as I use it for a lot of things. Great app for sure.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I already have it, as I use it for a lot of things. Great app for sure.

Sweet. Using it, navigate to /sysetm and long press on the build.prop. scroll down and select open in text editor and scroll till you see a section about ring.delay. change whatever number it is to around 3000 and your ringtones should work just fine.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's already set to 3000. Any suggestions?

Hmm, I would've sworn that would've been the problem. I don't mess with custom ringtones, so maybe someone else can help ya out. It might just be a bug of the rom.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's already set to 3000. Any suggestions?

Hmm, I would've sworn that would've been the problem. I don't mess with custom ringtones, so maybe someone else can help ya out. It might just be a bug of the rom.

I think it has to do with some sort of DRM policy...I know I have said this a lot but I am going to be looking into it soon. I do not use the custom ringtones for contacts so have not seen the problem but will start troubleshooting it.

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i have the same issue i have with every rom i have tried with the exception of apex and squidlyrom where when i setup custom ringtones for individual callers they always go to the default ringtone. I thought about it last night it might be because apex and squidly allows me to use the stock moto dialer instead of the asop one.

I am using the free app ringdroid available on the android market to make my custom ringtones is this the reason why none of the roms that doesn't use the blur dialer causes it to always ring with my default. As an idea i even used root explorer and deleted all the stock ringtones and then pasted my custom ones and it will work every once in awhile.

What app does everyone else use to make custom ringtones out of mp3s on this rom cause obviously ringdroid isn't compatible with the d2 unlike my og droid where it worked with every rom i tried flawlessly. I'm diggin this rom and would like to resolve this issue once and for all.

Last edited:

ultima

Reaction score
i still make mine on my laptop but i havent noticed probs using diff ROMs, and i KNOW not on Liberty bc it just rang like 5 minutes ago

ill try ringdroid to see if i get your same prob

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i have the same issue i have with every rom i have tried with the exception of apex and squidlyrom where when i setup custom ringtones for individual callers they always go to the default ringtone. I thought about it last night it might be because apex and squidly allows me to use the stock moto dialer instead of the asop one.

I am using the free app ringdroid available on the android market to make my custom ringtones is this the reason why none of the roms that doesn't use the blur dialer causes it to always ring with my default. As an idea i even used root explorer and deleted all the stock ringtones and then pasted my custom ones and it will work every once in awhile.

What app does everyone else use to make custom ringtones out of mp3s on this rom cause obviously ringdroid isn't compatible with the d2 unlike my og droid where it worked with every rom i tried flawlessly. I'm diggin this rom and would like to resolve this issue once and for all.

Please try the "how to guide" in the sticky