Love my Droid

dgtoftnfan

Reaction score
Got a new Droid over the weekend and I love it. :icon_ banana:

Most of my friends using smartphones have an iPhone so I am having to figure out the cool stuff on my own. Finding lots of great stuff on this forum through Search for all those that have been there, done that.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to sync my contacts from Droid to Google after making lots of edits on my Droid. I have learned too late that I should not have let the Verizon rep set up a Google account and move my old stuff over. I have read several threads to save my info and then revert back to factory default and then re-add.

I am not tech savvy and am not clear on how to do this?
Worried that apps I have purchased and other settings I have changed will all revert back. Will this happen?

What are my choices?

OP
D

dgtoftnfan

Reaction score
OK now I am playing with this some more and noticed that I actually can add a new contact on my phone and it will sync with google contacts with no problem.

If I edit an old contact that came from my old phone, it will not sync with my google contacts. Unfortunately in playing with my phone, I had edited nearly all and put in groups, etc. So at this point, I am going through my old phone contacts and adding them to google to sync to Droid.

Definitely a pain so I am sharing this to alert people thinking of getting a Droid to not let the Verizon rep push your stuff to your new phone or set up default account you do not want to use!

Hopefully OS 2.1 will prevent this from happening....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First let me welcome you to the Forum. You're absolutely right, Verizon in this case shouldn't be so helpful. As you say, they mess the thing up by transferring contacts.

Glad you found us. WE are here to help if you need anything just ask.:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, dgtoftnfan! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless! Here's a great thread on app recommendations:

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Enjoy! :welcome:

OP
D

dgtoftnfan

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

AnneDroid I have been in that thread and loaded quite a few of those apps. I need to go back through it and see what I missed!!