Lotus Sametime and Droid

Pretzel1

Reaction score
I use Lotus Sametime as well as Live messaging at work. Is there a way to set up Sametime in Droid? I have yet to set up Windows live as well so if someone can point me in the right direction that would be nice.

ink

Reaction score
There would have to be a Sametime app for the Droid, which I don't think there is. I also don't think there's a way to hook into Sametime with another messaging app like you can with some of the other ones.

joshoid

Reaction score
Thanks for the software tip Conundrum! I will be sure to try tomorrow when I get back to work. Should be beneficial to get sametime messages even when I'm away from my work station. Any word on Lotus coming to android?

Conundrum Software

Reaction score
IBM Lotus Notes for Android

Joshoid,

IBM provides an IBM Lotus Traveler product that is capable of connecting you to your email, calendar, and contacts. It just didn't have a Sametime component to it. That is why we wrote QuipIM.

joshoid

Reaction score
I just talked to our IT Guy, he said our sametime server is behind the firewall. No dice for me. Thanks tho.

Swyped from my Elite Droid!

Conundrum Software

Reaction score
QuipIM - IBM Lotus Sametime for Android

Joshoid,

It may be OK if your Sametime server is behind the corporate firewall. This is true for many companies out there.

If your company has a corporate Wifi access point at its location, connecting your Android device to the Wifi network before trying to log in usually does the trick.

For those that still want external access to Sametime even though their Sametime server is behind the firewall (and are lucky enough to have VPN access), connecting your Android to the VPN and then logging in will also do the trick.

Lastly, we do have an Enterprise Gateway that we make available for when neither of those two options are possible, and for additional layers of security. Just drop us a note if you want to know more!

Thanks!

xxgoldie

Reaction score
Sametime on Android

Joshoid,

Lastly, we do have an Enterprise Gateway that we make available for when neither of those two options are possible, and for additional layers of security. Just drop us a note if you want to know more!

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm using commontime's mnotes solution already, because our Sametime Servers are behind the firewall. On my Windows Mobile device, Sametime is working fine, but not on Android. I'd like to move to Android only and my Mnotes licence needs a refresh in January.
So before refreshing this, I'd like to hear from your Enterprise gateway solution.

Thanks