A NEED! Snyc with Lotus Notes?

lions62

Reaction score
I’m an IT employee that works for a company that uses (IBM) Lotus Notes. Lotus Notes seems to be fairly used throughout. There are only one or two apps that sync directly to Lotus Notes and you have to purchase them. One is mNotes which is 69.95 and I have not had any success in getting it to work. If Droid Does there should be an app to work with Lotus Notes like Blackberry offers. Just yesterday, Droid lost a sell because a user asked what he should buy that will sync with Lotus Notes. Most everyday our users are buying the Droid but I cannot supply them with a good solution on what will work. This could be one more advantage for Droid in the business world of today.

smilepak

Reaction score
I've tried mNote, CompanionLink, and AweSync

AweSync works best for Calendar / Contact entries

If you want other stuff, mNotes does an OK job beacuse it install a plug to Lotus.

OP
L

lions62

Reaction score
Security

Thanks for the response. I have AweSnyc and it does work but the problem is that I need something as the same as mNotes. Our company doe’s not like for us to create a hand shake with other severs in the cyber space world. Security is the main priority with our servers.

smilepak

Reaction score
I think mNote and CompanionLink are the only two that have something like that. mNote is more advanced functionality. CompanionLink has two versions. One being the wireless sync, similar to Awesync. The second being the USB Sync, this uses a plugin that install on the Droid side.

IBM released Traveler. That does Lotus Notes Sync with Android. You might want to look into that. That is more at the enterprise level.

IBM Lotus Notes mobile email - Lotus Notes Traveler

IBM® Lotus Notes® Traveler 8.5.1 software is a push email offering providing quick access to email (including attachments), calendar, address book, journal and to-do list for Lotus Notes mobile users. Imagine how this software could help your mobile workers respond to the needs of your business more quickly, while continuing to leverage your existing investment in Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino software.
Key features delivered in Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.1 include:

• Automatic, two-way, over the air synchronization of Notes email, calendar and contact data
  • Stay on top of your email and appointments even while offline
  • Scheduled synchronization and data filtering to optimize device usage
  • Remote wipe support for lost or stolen devices, and password enforcement and monitoring to help protect confidential data
  • Read encrypted email
  • Support for multiple device types gives users greater choice
  • A no-charge mobile solution for entitled Lotus Notes and Domino customers