Was thinking about the Droid X, but know I'm on the fence....

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Man I have sold myself on the Droid X since the first spec release but now I'm having doubts. My Droid is setup so perfectly running Cyan 5.0.8 that I'm just not sure that paying retail for the X is going to offer that much more enjoyment out of my phone...... There is just so much great support for the Droid (there probably will be for the X) .. agghhhh this sucks but at the sametime what a nice problem to have right! Anyway thanks for letting me rant a bit!

Droidhoff,
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be staying with the droid!!!!! I think there will be something way better by December

nphil

Reaction score
I would wait for multi-core based Android phones to hit by the end of this year. The Droid X isn't as big an upgrade from the original Droid to justify paying full retail, IMO.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
With your Droid at 1GHz; and you being happy with the way it is setup and running; my advice would be to save yourself some money, and enjoy your existing Droid. UNLESS the larger screen size means that much to you (keep in mind, the Droid's 3.7" screen will APPEAR sharper; since there are more dots per inch) I can't see any real advantages. On one hand, to me, as I get older; the larger screen DOES sound more appealing; but I don't know if i'd want to trade pocketablility for readablility; I honestly have no problem with the size of my Droid's screen.

Plus, I understand the X is going to come with some form of Motoblur installed, for me; the Droid's LACK of Motoblur is a selling point in and of itself. Some may disagree, but I prefer stock Android to all others.

tony1208

Reaction score
that x is too dam big ,my friend has the hd2 and that thing is huge ...i like my cell in my pocket,hd2 in a pocket is horrible unless u wear really baggy pants lol...i am waiting for dec ..i wana see this 2ghz processor cells