Lots Of Photos Of The Live Galaxy S8 Hit The Web

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s8-nav-button-185x350.jpg

Today we got a handful of photos of the Galaxy S8. These photos show the device powered on and we get a full look at the front of the device. We can clearly see the nearly bezeless display with no home button. We can also see the back navigation on screen button in the bottom right hand corner. Another image shows off the always on display. Another image shows the thickness of the device, and it looks surprisingly beefy. A final image shows the camera and iris scanner placement. The device is like an improved Note 7. I am personally enjoying the design language of this device. What are your thoughts?

via Technobuffalo

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Will it have a stylus like the note 7? My husband needs a replacement for his note 4, and needs the stylus sure to a physical inability to use a virtual keyboard without a stylus.. Thanks for the info.. It looks great

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will it have a stylus like the note 7? My husband needs a replacement for his note 4, and needs the stylus sure to a physical inability to use a virtual keyboard without a stylus.. Thanks for the info.. It looks great

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Not to Jack the thread but I use Amazon.com: Stylus Pen, New Trent Arcadia (2PCS) Clickpen Stylus/Styli with [Micro-Knit Tip] [Retractable] for All Capacitive Touchscreen Smartphones and Tablets. [TwinPack: Black + White]: Cell Phones & Accessories . If he's got olditis or any of that jazz , mine comes from injury, they're actually easier to hold onto than the s pen. Not quite as convenient as putting it back in the bottom of the phone but they're really good for those of us without full use of or fingers.

Sealed Back. I'm out on the S8. Yes it looks purrty but I don't trust Samsung

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not to Jack the thread but I use Amazon.com: Stylus Pen, New Trent Arcadia (2PCS) Clickpen Stylus/Styli with [Micro-Knit Tip] [Retractable] for All Capacitive Touchscreen Smartphones and Tablets. [TwinPack: Black + White]: Cell Phones & Accessories . If he's got olditis or any of that jazz , mine comes from injury, they're actually easier to hold onto than the s pen. Not quite as convenient as putting it back in the bottom of the phone but they're really good for those of us without full use of or fingers.

Sealed Back. I'm out on the S8. Yes it looks purrty but I don't trust Samsung

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Thanks.. Good idea in case he can't wait for new" note 8" he has a combination of olditis and slight tremor from God knows what, so he used to get phones with real keyboard, stylus works though. I'll let him know, and he may like the stylus you mentioned. Thanks Mark

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thin bezels....CHECK
On Screen Navigation...CHECK
Other cool tech....CHECK
No Samsung Logo on the front....DOUBLE CHECK

Hodor

Reaction score
Maybe I am the oddity, but I hate super thin bezels and curved screens! The fingerprint sensor on the back definitely kills it for me, the work phone is a LG G3, hate the buttons on the back! Guess the S7 stays for now....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JRatliff

Reaction score
I'm also worried about the back fingerprint sensor. I think the front home button is useful. Hopefully it's something I can get used to.
I also don't like a 6.2" screen by making it taller, I want a wider screen like the note 3 but to the edge...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am the oddity, but I hate super thin bezels and curved screens! The fingerprint sensor on the back definitely kills it for me, the work phone is a LG G3, hate the buttons on the back! Guess the S7 stays for now....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
See I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the button being on the back of my V20... I remember my first tablet, the Moto Xoom and it had a button on the back directly where my finger was... having a fingerprint sensor is even better as I rarely (unless turning off the screen) have to press that button. I absolutely love it.

As they say different strokes for different folks I guess.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the button being on the back of my V20... I remember my first tablet, the Moto Xoom and it had a button on the back directly where my finger was... having a fingerprint sensor is even better as I rarely (unless turning off the screen) have to press that button. I absolutely love it.

As they say different strokes for different folks I guess.
I loathed the buttons on the back of my G2 for about 5 minutes. Now I still miss not having that feature. It's just so natural to how I hold the phone anyway and the side buttons are totally non ergonomic on this Note4 when it's naked.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is that a headphone jack that I see? Sure hope so!
I miss my headphone jack in the z force. I use my phone to listen to radio at night with earbuds so I don't wake my husband. When I travel to friends they're always finding my adaptor somewhere in their house, or their dog finds it first... I'd be happy to have an earphone jack back, for sure. I don't know what they accomplished by taking it away :-(

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Too big, s7 edge is big enough.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I miss my headphone jack in the z force. I use my phone to listen to radio at night with earbuds so I don't wake my husband. When I travel to friends they're always finding my adaptor somewhere in their house, or their dog finds it first... I'd be happy to have an earphone jack back, for sure. I don't know what they accomplished by taking it away :-(

Amazon.com: New Bee T1 USB Type C Earbud Ceramic Housing Noise Isolating Earphone CDLA HiFi Stereo In Ear Monitor Headphones for Nexus 5X/6P, LG G5, HTC 10, Huawei P9 (White): Cell Phones & Accessories

if it's USB type-c on the phone.

Amazon.com: micro usb earbuds

If it's micro USB

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score