This is the Galaxy S8!

Gremlin

Reaction score
Waiting for this phone or waiting for the Note 8 (whatever it is going to be called)

chengmania

Reaction score
I don't believe that this is the S8 its too far from the Samsung style of phone.

Alright I still like the home button, I don't want to press the side button to wake it up every time.
Also if the fingerprint reader is on the back, how can I use a phone case with it? I don't think it is shockproof, I can't handle such a big phone.

Android phones have had finger printer readers on the back now for 2+ years. The cases have holes to allow the finger to touch the reader.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Alright I still like the home button as the finger printer.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright I still like the home button as the finger printer.
Not sure how well the home button f.p. scanner worked on other phones, but on my Note 4 it is a waste. I have set mine up numerous times, and it can never read my f.p.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Not sure how well the home button f.p. scanner worked on other phones, but on my Note 4 it is a waste. I have set mine up numerous times, and it can never read my f.p.

I think the FP reader has improved a great deal. Mine on the N5 works great and I have not heard many complaints about them recently. I believe this phone also has an iris scanner. It will be interesting to see how well that will work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge

I set mine up twice and now it works well. The first time it worked occasionally, but after I added another user account, now it can read my fingerprint quickly. It is worth mention, both accounts are my thumb.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the FP reader has improved a great deal. Mine on the N5 works great and I have not heard many complaints about them recently. I believe this phone also has an iris scanner. It will be interesting to see how well that will work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I seem to remember the few Note7 users here giving a to the iris scanner.