Lost everything on upgrade, but...

burningsquirrels

Reaction score
So I got a message to update my phone on Saturday. I let it reboot. Upon reboot, my SD card was corrupted and a bunch of apps on my phone stopped working. I was on the phone with tech support for a couple hours and we eventually restored the phone to factory settings. Needless to say I was pretty upset. I tried a bunch of un-delete and recovery programs to try and recover my SD card, but they don't find anything. I'm afraid I may have to bite the bullet and re-format the card as it only shows up as a 1.3 mb partition. To make sure that the card slot was working right, I put in a fresh 2gb card in there and that worked fine. Does anyone have any recommendations for a recovery utility for sd cards? On the phone, of course I lost all my stuff I had in my notes apps and such, but one nice thing it did was save my background picture from before. I would like to change my background pic, but want to save it before changing it. Does anyone know where in the file system the background pic is kept? No, it's not the original picture from before but it's a picture I'd like to try and keep if possible before changing the background out. Thanks guys.

PyroManiac

Reaction score
Hey sorry for your loss...thats the first i have ever heard of this happening. I usually use "GetBackData". They have an NTFS, and FAT32 version of their software. Now this is usually used for HDs and I have never tried it on an SDcard for the phone, but it is a wonderful tool.
Best of Luck

-Pyro

OP
B

burningsquirrels

Reaction score
Thanks... I'll have to try that one when I get home. Looks like I also forgot to bring a cable to work. I know cards are basically non-volatile memory, so I'm sure the stuff is still there. I just got the phone a few weeks ago so it's been empty most of the time, just that wed/thurs last week I took a lot of vids and pics and hadn't backed them up yet as Sunday is when I usually back up my devices. Oh well. The Verizon people want me to call Motorola right now because Verizon hasn't heard of any sd cards getting messed up during an upgrade too.

PyroManiac

Reaction score
Another cool app is Photobeam...you just send all pics / vids to facebook/twitter ect...i just send them to an FTP for backup.

OP
B

burningsquirrels

Reaction score
Hey man, wanted to thank you for the app reference. Since it was just a free version it took forever to manually get everything off of there one by one from the temp folder the program uses when previewing files, but I got my pics and vids back from the stuff that went on last week. Thanks again!