Yahoo mail unable to download to SD?

slightly_stoopid

Reaction score
I can't get Yahoo mail to correctly download a pic to my sd card. card works fine, I can download a pic from a text to it and that works. When I try to save a pic from yahoo to sd, I get a 'saved to sd' message, but its not there. Anyone else have the same problem?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not saving to a location that you don't expect (have you searched the SD card)? I don't use Yahoo mail so I have no idea if the app you're using to access it allows you to specify where to save it.

it would help those trying to assist you if you could specify how you're getting your Yahoo mail. The stock Email app? Browser? Another email app? Don't just assume that everyone else using Yahoo mail is accessing it the same way as you.

OP
S

slightly_stoopid

Reaction score
I am using the stock email app, and I searched the sd on a computer and nothing saved.

Carmexlips1

Reaction score
I have the same issue

Let me explain a bit further...

I have the same issue... I am using the Yahoo Email App for my Droid X. It will allow me to download a picture, but it does not automatically place it into my "gallery". The picture gets placed on my SD card (I can view it through my file manager).

But, is there a way to save it directly to my Gallery, or to create a new gallery that links to the location on the SD card? I have also tried to move the file in the file manager (i'm using Astro), but I am unable to.

Any thoughts?

hollylollyxoxo

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I am also using the Yahoo Mail app on my Droid X and tried to save a picture but could not locate it on my sd card. I also have Astro and did a quick search in the Astro app and it verified that the picture was saved to my sd card, I just could not locate it.

All it takes for these pictures to show up in your gallery is a simple reboot! The pic will now show up at the very bottom of your gallery.

I hope this helps :)