lost droid sound on boot-up

mumfrey

Reaction score
ok, i know i've seen this posted before but i cant find it now. maybe its the search function limitation from the droid. anyway, i've lost the cool droiiiid sound when my phone powers up. how can i get this back?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
That sound is you sd card preparing. Make sure the phone isn't on silent if it is that could be the problem. Ic not go into setting / sounds/ and make sure sd card notification is checked. That should do it.

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
thx. well, sd notification is checked. i actually do get a sound from sd mount/unmount but its not the droid sound. its more of a ring type sound, not sure. where would i select tbis sound back to droid? right now i have my notification ringtone set to r2d2 sound, but this isnt what is played for sd, so i dont think its that setting?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Hmmm. See what the notification is set to.right above it. That'd the only thing I know. My best theory was that it wasn't checked.

Sent from my DROIDX

j1d10t

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken (and I totally could be mistaken), if you change the notification sound to a sound on your SD card, and not on the phone itself, then when the SD card is mounted it can't play the sound from the SD card while it's mounting it so it uses a default sound from the phone itself.