Lost alarms

sliz

Reaction score
I recently changed my wallpaper, and after doing so noticed that all of my alarms were gone. I realize this seems like quite an unimportant problem, but I had been temporarily using the alarms to write down a lot of important information, which is now apparently all gone. I'm just wondering if there's a file or some magical location on my phone where that information has been stored, or if I'm SOL.

Thanks for any help. I'm hoping for some good news, but I'm prepared to face the reality that everything was permanently destroyed. *Sob*

OP
S

sliz

Reaction score
More info

Right, my bad. When I posted my plea for help, the tragedy had just occurred, so I wasn't thinking very clearly. I have an Incredible 2, version 2.3.4, not rooted or anything. Hopefully I'm not leaving out anything else pertinent to the problem. I'm assuming the information is gone, because I don't see why alarm information would be stored. I don't quite understand why a change in the background would affect the alarms either though.

Again, thanks for any help anyone can offer. Even if I can't retrieve them, I'm still interested in knowing why the alarms disappeared.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You happen to be in luck. I'm on a Dinc2 as well. I'm a little confused about your problem. Are you missing the alarm clock app? That is a relatively easy fix. I'll answer that in detail if that is your problem. What I don't understand is "using the alarm to write important information". I'll admit I don't get it lol. Explain if you can and we will find you an answer.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
S

sliz

Reaction score
No, the alarm app is still there.

I had a notepad app on my old phone, but I had to replace that droid because of an issue with the home screen. With the new phone I hadn't taken the time to get apps from the sd card, like Notepad, onto the new phone yet. I already often wrote some things in the 'description' part of the alarms to remind me of what I had to do that day, so I just got into the habit of also writing down any information I needed to look up later or just random thoughts in the description of the alarms (which I would've written on Notepad with the old phone). When I changed the background the other night, the specific alarms (the times, descriptions, alarm sounds) were replaced by the standard 3 (6 am, 7am, 8am or whatever). So when I say I lost the information from the alarms, I essentially meant what I had put in the description of the alarms.

I know it was pretty weird to use the alarms to jot down things, but it was convenient and I always expected next weekend to transfer the sd card info and start using the notepad again. That's why I think the info is probably gone, because I don't know why they would intentionally structure the phone to save any alarms one had created. But I just thought I'd see.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I wouldn't call it weird, I'd call it genius lol. Yeah, if the alarms were reset then the notes are gone. Check out an app called sticky note (I think). Its like post it notes for your phone. Good luck, come back to the forums if you have any more questions.

This post is Incredible 2!