Loss of 3g

SprottheDestroyer

Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with their 3g connection? I'm on a motoOGD OriGinalDroid. While streaming video, I'm constanly losing 3g, all data connectivity and I even have roaming on ok so I don't lose connectivity. My gf has the exact same phone, on a family share plan, and is sitting right next to me using the same tower. But she seems to have no problems. It only seems to happen at the end of my billing cycle and after I've gone over a certain amount of data usage specifically 10gigs of data(I have unlimited data plan)Has happened the last three billing cycles.
I personly think verizon is shutting it off. Especially since I've googled the problem and haven't seen anyone else with problem.
Btw haven't updated to frg83. That could also be the problem

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I have been having the same issues. Seems to like drop off every once and a while. Still dont know what causes the problem. Just recently loaded UD 2.5.0. Seems to work just fine now. Just need to find a really nice theme and a cool kernal to go with it. Good luck!

...sent from my Rooted Droid 1 @ .8ghz using tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my D2. I thought it was my ROM, but this is a fairly widespread issue on many different Droid's.

Ionus

Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my X about every 30-40 min I would seem to loose my 3g and would have to power down the phone, once it was back on I had my 3G back for another 30-40 min. I finally did a factory reset and it has been fine since.

DankDroid

Reaction score
Have the same problem with my wifes d inc she has no 3g and I do sitting right next to her with my og droid

mikenilson

Reaction score
My wife and I are having this problem all day today. We both have Droid 1’s on a Family share plan and have not been able to connect to 3G or 1x. Verizon trouble shooted the phones (powered down, battery pull, updated roaming, reprogrammed, even a factory data reset), and tweeked the settings on their end. We both traveled more than 20 miles in different directions today with no signal all day so it is not an outage. Verizon has decided that it is a hardware issue with our phones. They deny any issues on their end. B.S. I find it hard to believe that both our phones had hardware issues on the same day. One funny thing is that today is the last day of our billing cycle. I’ll bet tomorrow our phones miraculously will both have a 3G connection. They want to replace both our phones. I do not want to do that because it is such a pain in the ass to get all the settings set back to how they were. (I am on my 4th replacement Droid and my Wife on her 2nd.)

mikenilson

Reaction score
Update:
Well today is the first day of a new billing cycle and my Wife and I still do not have a data connection, so I do not think it has anything to do with Verizon cutting back people's data at the end of a cycle. A Verizon rep is suppose to call around 9:00 am to discuss further.