Losing Photos

Dolfan

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Droid 1 losing photos I have downloaded and photos I take with my camera when I have to do a reboot or power off and back on, the photos are gone from the gallery, I have tryed several back up roms that did not have this problem before but they too have the same problem now when I tryed fixing the problem by going to a back up rom(ones I have made thru nandriod) anyone have a clue why this is happening and maybe a fix would greatly be appreciated...:greendroid:

Thanks,
Bob

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Ok, using astro file, I have found 2 folders on the sd card, 1 called downloads and the other called download, I have found photos in there that are missing from the gallery , but no photos taken with the camera located on sd card...if there is a folder on the sd card that camera photos are sent to does anyone know the name of it..I found one that says myalbum, but that folder is empty, why would these folders(download & downloads) not appear in the gallery section anymore after a reboot, its like a command line somewhere has changed or something is telling these photos to leave the gallery and they are tucked away in a folder on the sd card....anyone please....ideals

Bob

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your photos taken from your camera are stored in sdcard/DCIM/Camera

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Your photos taken from your camera are stored in sdcard/DCIM/Camera

YES!!!!!!! there they ARE!!!!! :icon_ banana:
Thank you so much....now the question is, why do they not show up in the Gallery any longer? have any ideal??

Bob

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's strange, none of them in that folder show up or just some? Is there a file in that folder named .nomedia?

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
That's strange, none of them in that folder show up or just some? Is there a file in that folder named .nomedia?

I have no photos in my gallery, I take photos with the camera, they are in the gallery till i power down the phone and reboot, then the gallery is empty...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
huh.... if there is no file in the DCIM or Camera folders named .nomedia then I'm not quite sure of the problem.

Check to see if that file is there, if so delete it, if not maybe try unmounting/remounting your sdcard.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
huh.... if there is no file in the DCIM or Camera folders named .nomedia then I'm not quite sure of the problem.

Check to see if that file is there, if so delete it, if not maybe try unmounting/remounting your sdcard.

OK, let me check for file.....and if I dont find it, whats the proper way of unmounting?

Bob

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
menu>settings>sdcard and phone storage>unmount sdcard, mount sdcard

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score

In that sdcard/DCIM folder there is another folder called thumbnails, that has photos also in it..

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Unmounted and re mounted and still same thing..huh

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Strange, only other thing I can think of is to backup your sdcard, format it and start moving stuff back to it.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Strange, only other thing I can think of is to backup your sdcard, format it and start moving stuff back to it.

Whew...I dont know if I wanna do that right now, was hoping this caold be an easy fix...lol

Bob

PS, now I know where the photos are at, just wish I could get em back to the gallery, easier to view them from there

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score

In that sdcard/DCIM folder there is another folder called thumbnails, that has photos also in it..

Right, I think those are the thumbs that show in the gallery, make sure there is no .nomedia file there either.

I found the .nomedia file...deleted it and ALL photos returned to the Gallery....!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:

THANK YOU!!!

Bob