Losing all service

Reaction score
Im assuming this isn't a new issue but ill be sitting around and all of a sudden all my service is gone ..battery pulled fixes it but im getting frustrated between this. Overheating. Random reboots and data issues. Ugh.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Have a look around the forum. You are visitor number 4000 to have this complaint. An update is supposed to fix this, coming "soon"...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search the forums and you'll find these data issues with all 4G phones right now. The majority of people never see a problem, but for some it's a major issue. It doesn't seem to be locale specific or phone specific. It reminds me of when the original Droid was first rooted and overclock kernels were released. Some folks could not overclock above 800mhz and others, luckily me, could overclock to 1.25ghz. It appeared to be a function of who got lucky in the chip lottery. I think something similar is going on with phones and this issue. It's like some have gotten lucky with some piece of hardware or the way the radio or kernel is working. I did not have a serious problem with data loss on my Droid Bionic, but when installed the leaked OTA updates I've had virtually no problems for the last two/three weeks. I did experience some issues during the first week after implementing the leaked OTA's. But now it's really good. So it seems to be fixable.