Acquiring a new phone......

Fastbird

Reaction score
But im unlocked, rooted, and have an aftermarket kernel (ziggy). I know i can reflash to stock and all, but will Verizon warranty me still?

Issues are overheating, random and very persistant rebooting anymore, boot freezing on random reboots necessitating battery pull, horrid battery life, random spontaneous overheat and battery discharge with the phone just sitting there doing nothing (found phone HOT, off, and at 23% bat after two hours of idle screen off sitting last week from a full charge.).

VERY SICK OF THE ISSUES.

Posted from my Rezound

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes Verizon will still most likely give you warranty support. Relock and RUU and you should be cool. The only thing they usually look for is superuser/root but sometimes they don't even look with blatant hardware issues like overheating. Just make sure you tell them you've factory reset a number of times already otherwise they'll probably ask you to.

OP
F

Fastbird

Reaction score
Talked to Verizon, they want to do an ota diagnostic first, so I need to reflash and factory reset, but im going to try cause its gotten ridiculous. I can't even rely on the alarm not cause it'll start boot looping in the middle of the night.

Posted from my Rezound