This phone continues to piss me off

DisgustedDroidUser

Reaction score
Like most Android devices, it's all love and roses in the beginning, but the more I use the platform, the more it pisses me off

Take for example my Rezound. Works fine. Very fast. Very efficient phone.

I can't stand that the FING bluetooth NEVER fricking works. EVER. I go to use the damn phone after it's been sitting on my desk most of the day, and the fricking thing never connects to my bluetooth. I've tried them all - jawbone, Motorola, Plantronics, some no-name generic when I was desperate. NONE of them EVER work on the first try. Or the second. Or sometimes 20 minutes later.

I'm so SICK of having to reboot the fing phone every time I want to use Bluetooth, and for those of you familiar with the phone, you know how long of a reboot it is.

I've disabled fast reboot to see if that would help. Nope.
I've reloaded the phone to stock and only loaded choice apps. Nope
I've tried running "bare metal" (i.e. no third party apps). Nope.
I've tried turning Bluetooth off when I'm not using it, then turning it on after a bit - nope

I tap the icon to turn on bluetooth and the fing icon just sits there and spins and spins and spins and spins.

I'm so fing tired of it! I blew $300+ on this fing thing and it's worse than a Windows PC - I don't understand why a coworker of mine who has this EXACT same phone (he got his a mere month after I did) has ZERO issues with his bluetooth.

What the hell does someone have to do to get it fixed? I'm NOT sending this phone back so I can get someone else's reject refurbish device. I'm sick of doing that dance - there's no reason why these fing things can't work on the first fing try.

What the hell does a guy have to do to live with this stupid phone and it's insecurity issues with bluetooth? It's really putting me to the breaking point when I go to tap the bluetooth icon after a phone restart and it does the SAME FING THING.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn...I've had those days...Sorry to hear your pairing issues bro ...My experiences with 4.0 Bluetooth is not as often but happens regularly enough when I flash. I miss my 3.2 or whatever it was..LOL Hope you find a fix..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

DisgustedDroidUser

Reaction score
It's not just pairing however. It's that the Bluetooth functionality itself just never turns on. Like a few minutes ago, I restarted the phone and the Bluetooth icon said BT was turned off, so I tapped the icon to turn it on. And it spun. and spun. and spun. Never turns on. It gives up, "blips" back to showing the "off" icon, and tapping the icon results in the same thing - it's like it just gives up.

Going into Settings directly and trying to turn on BT from there results in a screen that says that BT is "turning on..." but it never does, and then it eventually goes back to showing no checkbox for Bluetooth.

THAT is the issue that annoys me the most, and is probably one of the larger reasons why it won't pair with the headset even when BT *IS* turned on.