Looks like Verizon is throttling my connection

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the unlimited data plan, first time I ever went over 7 gigs, and now my connection has hit the skids, anyone else experience this.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Net neutrality is over and, as usual, the consumer is screwed.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I have the unlimited data plan, first time I ever went over 7 gigs, and now my connection has hit the skids, anyone else experience this.

How many tests over what time period, what did you use to test, what were the transfer rates, and was this in different areas so you can be sure it isn't a saturated cell?

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am getting 1 MB download and around 2 MB upload, same location I was previously getting 30 plus MB download speeds, I have tried a few different locations and the same results, some even less than 1 MB download speed, this is absurd. Just did another test, ping to the server is 59 download speed is .5 MB and upload 1 MB.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like they want us unlimited customers to just vanish, as they are not making as much $ with us as with the rest of the caped data users. The $ is in the data now, phone and text is just there so they can gauge you with their data plans.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

i use hundreds of gigs a month and never had any lasting slow down that couldn't be dismissed as a temporary network issue.
i doubt there was more than a month or 2 in the last 5 years that i didnt go some where between 100 and 800g.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
i use hundreds of gigs a month and never had any lasting slow down that couldn't be dismissed as a temporary network issue.
i doubt there was more than a month or 2 in the last 5 years that i didnt go some where between 100 and 800g.

You using up all my Data :)

bbtkd

Reaction score
I am getting 1 MB download and around 2 MB upload, same location I was previously getting 30 plus MB download speeds, I have tried a few different locations and the same results, some even less than 1 MB download speed, this is absurd. Just did another test, ping to the server is 59 download speed is .5 MB and upload 1 MB.

OK - presuming you are using the Speedtest, and if you're not you should be. I don't believe you are being throttled. It is either your phone or the area you are in. If you have not already, suggest you try running Speedtest on Wifi and see if that too is lagging. Also, if you have not already done it, do a one minute battery pull and repeat the tests.

Raydee35

Reaction score
All you data hogs are the reason why Verizon charges such high prices ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

bbtkd

Reaction score

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
All you data hogs are the reason why Verizon charges such high prices ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

i doubt that. we are probably less than 5% of their customer base, which is peanuts.
its more an issue of the rich never being satisfied with the millions they make each year.
mark my words, when they wear this excuse out to charge more money, there will just be another and another.