Looking for easy way to find WiFi ON/OFF switch

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
How did you download Quick Settings? I typed Quick Settings into Google - found the wbsite; Registered/ Activated /Logged on/ Searched for Quuick Settings and found it. But I couldn't download the Quick Settings; feel stupid; what do I need to clickon?

KC

warrior21

Reaction score
There should be an icon in your app drawer that looks like a yellow gear that is labeled quick settings. I keep it on my home page. Click on the icon and you will get a list of things you can turn on and off. It also tells you the battery % and has a flashlight button in there

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Where's the Power Widget?

Clicked Home button
Pushed gray rectangle upward
Looked for Power Widget ...... none there.
How can it be I don't have Power Widget

kc

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Where's the Power Widget?

Clicked Home button
Pushed gray rectangle upward
Looked for Power Widget ...... none there.
How can it be I don't have Power Widget

kc

You have to long press on an empty space on a home screen, select widgets, then select the power control widget. then find soemwhere on a home screen to place it and then ur good to go

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
I found the Power Control widget

Thank you.

KC

Detonation

Reaction score
It amazes me how many people don't know about the power control widget and look to download an apps for it instead.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
My business partner just saw it on my phone yesterday and asked where I got it from. We got our Droids on opening day back in November!

Summersond

Reaction score
Its a free app in the marketplace on your Droid. I just installed it and love it!

Summersond

Reaction score
It amazes me how many people don't know about the power control widget and look to download an apps for it instead.

For some reason, I tried to load that widget and it says desktop full (which isn't) so I went this way.

liddster

Reaction score

For some reason, I tried to load that widget and it says desktop full (which isn't) so I went this way.

You have to have a complete 1 X 4 spot free... How many icons do you have on the screen right now?? I personally have the widget set up on the screen scrolling to the left at the top... and still have room for 3 rows of icons...

Summersond

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks! After I posted, I did a bit more reading to find out that I did need a full empty row. Once I opened up a row, it installed fine. I hope the new release adds more home pages, as I now am out of room. :) BTW, what is the icon that looks like a refresh icon on the widget (next to last on right of widget)?

Thanks!
Dave

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you download Quick Settings? I typed Quick Settings into Google - found the wbsite; Registered/ Activated /Logged on/ Searched for Quuick Settings and found it. But I couldn't download the Quick Settings; feel stupid; what do I need to clickon?

KC

Have you used the Market? It's in the Market. Not sure what you found on the web but that's not how apps are accessed for your phone.

liddster

Reaction score
Thanks! After I posted, I did a bit more reading to find out that I did need a full empty row. Once I opened up a row, it installed fine. I hope the new release adds more home pages, as I now am out of room. :) BTW, what is the icon that looks like a refresh icon on the widget (next to last on right of widget)?

Thanks!
Dave

It is the sync button... with this enabled it means that everything you have set up to auto-sync will continue to sync... ie facebook, gmail, google calandar...