Looking for app for when I'm sleeping

the h

Reaction score
I just got the Droid.

On my old phone I use to turn the volume to vibrate or very low at night so if there was a call or txt in the middle of the night I could respond because if its at that hour its likely an emergency.

Well with my droid I get facebook and email notifications as well and I recieve those at all times of day and night.

Is there an app that when I activate it will deactivate vibrating or ringing for everything except txt msgs or phone calls?

It'd be even better if I could pick what would vibrate or ring after I activate the app.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got the Droid.

On my old phone I use to turn the volume to vibrate or very low at night so if there was a call or txt in the middle of the night I could respond because if its at that hour its likely an emergency.

Well with my droid I get facebook and email notifications as well and I recieve those at all times of day and night.

Is there an app that when I activate it will deactivate vibrating or ringing for everything except txt msgs or phone calls?

It'd be even better if I could pick what would vibrate or ring after I activate the app.

I believe Locale does that. I don't have it, but have read that it has settings similar to this.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
Locale might work for this. There is an "all volumes" plugin that should allow you to specify how you want the various volumes set. I'm not sure it would differentiate between SMS and any other form of notification though - you might get email, googletalk, etc. alerts too. One option with Locale would be to set everything silent but then add a contact condition so that if certain people attempt to call they will ring through...not sure how this would apply to SMS.

You could also check Timeriffic. I don't use this myself but it has a lot of the functionality of Locale (minus location). Foxyring might be another option though it sounds like this only works for phone calls, not texts...

I think what you may run into with a lot of apps is that they won't know how to distinguish between specifically SMS and all other types of alerts. Check those out though.

OP
T

the h

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Looking into all these and they look promising so far! :)

Any other suggestions are welcome too!

dkelly701

Reaction score
Also look at Setting Profiles. It is like Locale but better and less expensie.

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Locale was great when it was beta, and most of the plug-ins that cost money were free and included. I'm currently using timeriffic, but it does not offer the same options that locale did :(

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've used them all, but "Setting Profiles" is the best out there, by far. There's a lite (free) and a full version ($2.95). The lite is limited to one rule, but it'll give you a good idea of how it all works. This app does everything, and has a good widget. Get it, spend the time figuring it out (there's a thread out there on this too), and skip the rest of them.

Tehjojo

Reaction score
I just turn off the notifications sounds for email/facebook/etc. Usually if I want to check them I will do it manually, or I will see the solid blue led which means I have a new email waiting.