Profile Application???

WJR916503

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find an profile application, anyone have any recommendations. Coming from a BB where you could do multiple setups with your ringtones, I'm in desperate need of a profile app that will work similary or better.

I work nights and so when I'm sleeping during the day I keep my phone on vibrate, but at the same token have school age children who in an emergency may need to call me from the cell phones. I know BB allowed you to have your phone on vibrate for everything/everyone unless you gave permission for a certain number to ring thru, i.e Home.

Any help would be great. Thanks

js0724

Reaction score
"Tasker" is an amazing app (paid) that allows you to automate MANY things your phone can do. It can do what you want, plus much much more. Warning: It has a steep learning curve but is worth it in my opinion. If you are looking for something very simple, than forget my suggestion. There are several other apps that do just what you are looking for, but I couldn't tell you which to chose since I haven't tried them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tasker's not really what I'd recommend for the OP unless he also happens to be looking for the versatility and power that Tasker offers as well. There are many profiles apps out there but none of them will be identical to the fully centralized control of all alerts that the BB's profiles offers. I use Profiles by egg n stone but I've seen Setting Profiles, Quick Profiles and countless others (search for "profiles" here) as well.

dainty

Reaction score
I used Profiles for a little bit, and while it worked great (probably best for OP's purposes), I wanted a location criteria and tried Locale. After reading about all the capabilities of Tasker, I decided to try that too, but I can't seem to accurately pinpoint my work location, which is in Downtown LA. Tasker pinpoints me at a few blocks away while Locale has no problem giving me my exactly location. Am I just missing something?

OP
W

WJR916503

Reaction score
I do realize I will never get the BB experience/aspect for profiles, but i'm looking for something similar. I figure with the tech guru's out there they have to be able to create some sort of app for this.

KingDufus

Reaction score
I am also looking for a similar Profiles app. I tried Tasker, and while it is very powerful, I want something simpler that is easier to set up and adjust. I have tried Setting Profiles (paid) and Timeriffic (free). Timeriffic is a good simple profile changer, but currently does not allow GPS changes. I am now trying out SBSH Phoneweaver (paid) and so far I am really liking it. It is really easy to set up, and has enough options for basic profiles. It allows for time-based, calendar, location, power and manual profiles. I don't think it allows for caller exceptions though. You can download a trial from their site.

awjones

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find an profile application, anyone have any recommendations. Coming from a BB where you could do multiple setups with your ringtones, I'm in desperate need of a profile app that will work similary or better.

I work nights and so when I'm sleeping during the day I keep my phone on vibrate, but at the same token have school age children who in an emergency may need to call me from the cell phones. I know BB allowed you to have your phone on vibrate for everything/everyone unless you gave permission for a certain number to ring thru, i.e Home.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi,

You should give my application a try. It's called Ringleader. It lets you define multiple application / ringtone profiles. Each profile can have different volume / vibration / LED settings as well as switch your ringtones per application.

Ringleader Pro - Android app on AppBrain

Thanks!

-Andy

OP
W

WJR916503

Reaction score
Andy, does your application allow for call exceptions, i.e your in a meeting and you want your phone on vibrate but allow for your phone to ring when HOME calls. If not is this something that you can add in your next update.

KingDufus

Reaction score
There is also an app called FoxyRing that definitely has exceptions. However, the comments in the market indicate there are many fc's. Still, might be worth a try.

awjones

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Andy, does your application allow for call exceptions, i.e your in a meeting and you want your phone on vibrate but allow for your phone to ring when HOME calls. If not is this something that you can add in your next update.

Yes, you should be able to setup a profile like this. You would basically setup your default ringtone and all other notifications to be "silent". Then you would set your contact ringtone for home to be a ringtone other than silent. You'd probably also want to set the volume levels for everything to be silent except for your ringtone volume. I think that should work for your scenario.

You can download the free version and give it a try.

Thanks!

-Andy

dljohn

Reaction score
I downloaded Ringleader Pro and have yet to figure out how to use it. I would like exactly what the initial poster requested, profiles and exceptions. So that I can have my phone on silent EXCEPT certain profiles, that will ring or allow text notifications. If anyone has advice on how to set this up, with pretty detailed directions that would be awesome. I have an HTC incredible and very new with the Droid family. Thanks!