Looking for an app...any ideas?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I wanted to try and find an app for a Moto Z Play.

Something that would allow me, from the lock screen, to see notifications like email, texts weather alerts, or whatever is possible. There my be nothing available, but if so, I appreciate and suggestions or warnings.
Dr Mark

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried setting up the built in Moto Display options to show notifications on the lock screen? Are they not working the way you would like?

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I'm just exploring what kind of possible ingenious addition our alternative a developer may have come up with.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my slow reply

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No need to apologize, we post when we have time. I'm not aware of any apps like this but maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to use one called Widget Locker back in the days when you had 1 choice of unlock and that was slide your finger across the bottom. It had several choices for how to unlock as well as add your favorite widgets/apps to your lockscreen but it stopped working with htc/Verizon phones and I just never went back to trying it again.
It seems to be gone from the Play Store but was made by the same developer as Nova Launcher back before Nova.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for the replies/info. No apologies needed. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used to use one called Widget Locker back in the days when you had 1 choice of unlock and that was slide your finger across the bottom. It had several choices for how to unlock as well as add your favorite widgets/apps to your lockscreen but it stopped working with htc/Verizon phones and I just never went back to trying it again.
It seems to be gone from the Play Store but was made by the same developer as Nova Launcher back before Nova.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
There used to be several lock screen replacements with added functionality. I'm sure there are many still on the Play Store, but I never really seem to hear much about any of them these days.

Tx, have you searched the Play Store for "lock screen" apps?

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for the info, I'll check the play store and the suggestions.

I'm a little leary, now, as I tried one recommended in an article and during the set-up, it froze and I could not back out, stop restart or anything. I think I got out by holding the power button down a long time.

As SAJO asked, "is there something wrong with the Moto tools"?

Maybe I need to abide by the If it ain't broke Don't fix It mmm mantra

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the info, I'll check the play store and the suggestions.

I'm a little leary, now, as I tried one recommended in an article and during the set-up, it froze and I could not back out, stop restart or anything. I think I got out by holding the power button down a long time.

As SAJO asked, "is there something wrong with the Moto tools"?

Maybe I need to abide by the If it ain't broke Don't fix It mmm mantra

I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". We've seen a few posts on here with strange results when users tried to force their phones to do things that Moto Active Display was not designed to do. The new version of Active Display is different than what you may be used to, but a single hand wave, touch the phone or pick it up should trigger it to display current notifications.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited: