Looking for a good Voice/Sound Recorder

Chawpz

Reaction score
I was curious what everyone suggests for a voice/sound recorder. I usually use one to record practice songs on a drum pad for the pipe and drum band, but I also would like to use it to record pipes and occasionally use it for actual voice recording. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm a musician and I've not been satisfied with any of the recording apps. I suspect the mic just isn't up to it.

All of the apps record in 3GP format and that can be awkward to play on the PC.

An App like Springpad has recording and file storage built in so you can record something and file it, and it will sync with the PC.

OP
C

Chawpz

Reaction score
I'm a musician and I've not been satisfied with any of the recording apps. I suspect the mic just isn't up to it.

All of the apps record in 3GP format and that can be awkward to play on the PC.

An App like Springpad has recording and file storage built in so you can record something and file it, and it will sync with the PC.

Thanks! When you say the mic isn't up to it, do you mean gain wise? Could distance from the source make it any better? Again, not looking for anything that does professional audio recording, just something that has some good features and compatibility like you were stating above.

Reaction score
It's probably OK if you work with it, it can't handle the volume levels and is very subject to noise from other sources. Just try Voice Recorder or Springpad and see what results you can get. DroidRecord is another recording only one. As I said I prefer Springpad because it auto syncs my ideas to the PC.