looking at maxx hd for upgrade

BIRDZ2DAMAXX

Reaction score
Ive done some research and im looking forward to the maxx hd.so anybody with one have the pros and cons cause i see alot of pros like my maxx.
Thanks
Jason

Lucas5

Reaction score
I have nothing but Pros for it. I have read that owners that upgrade from the regular Razr Maxx to the Razr HD Maxx have a noticed much better battery life. Obviously the phone is also faster. Also, the new version of Moto Blur isn't as clunky compared to previous versions. All in all, it is a great phone. I'm very happy with it. I upgraded to it from the Galaxy Nexus.

Casper3686

Reaction score
Lucas5 said:
I have nothing but Pros for it. I have read that owners that upgrade from the regular Razr Maxx to the Razr HD Maxx have a noticed much better battery life. Obviously the phone is also faster. Also, the new version of Moto Blur isn't as clunky compared to previous versions. All in all, it is a great phone. I'm very happy with it. I upgraded to it from the Galaxy Nexus.

I am almost to my upgrade too and I've been checking out the Maxx HD, S3 and even the windows phones. Pros and cons to each. I'm coming from the Razr and not sure if I want something different and not sure if I want to spend $100 more for the Maxx HD...

pblakk

Reaction score
Casper3686 said:
I am almost to my upgrade too and I've been checking out the Maxx HD, S3 and even the windows phones. Pros and cons to each. I'm coming from the Razr and not sure if I want something different and not sure if I want to spend $100 more for the Maxx HD...

For the convenience of the MAXX battery alone, it's worth it IMO.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Ive done some research and im looking forward to the maxx hd.so anybody with one have the pros and cons cause i see alot of pros like my maxx.
Thanks
Jason
Pros:
Excellent battery life
Very rugged/durable
Great reception
MicroSD and MicroHDMI ports

Cons:
Poor camera
Hard edges, poor ergonomics

CPAaz

Reaction score
I think the Maxx HD is excellent and I love it. The battery is a very strong pro. No cons with mine. In my opinion, the camera is better than average. I took a bunch of pics in St Maarten a couple of weeks ago and they were pretty darn good, but then again I am not an expert photographer.

OP
BIRDZ2DAMAXX

BIRDZ2DAMAXX

Reaction score
Thanks for the input come next month im seeing a maxx hd in the near future.
Thanks everyone

geoff5093

Reaction score
Poor camera? Or average camera?

I know we've been over this a lot but I would not say it's a poor camera. I played with it at Verizon again yesterday and I can live with it.
I'd say poor. It's worse than my Thunderbolt, which I consider average.

You seem to be in the minority there. There are very positive reviews on the ergonomics of the phone. Personally I love the way it feels.
I guess so, it's just when I held the MAXX HD it didn't conform to my hand and was uncomfortable to hold for an extended period of time, it also wasn't very discrete when it was in my pocket. I'm comparing this to the Thunderbolt and GS3.