Lock Screen: "Please call xxx-xxxx if this phone is found"

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Can anybody suggest an app that will allow customizing the lock screen text? AVG allowed this with froyo, but does not work on GB.

Thanks!

-iD

Reaction score
OwnerInfo from the market will give you a widget that displays your contact info, and widgetlocker will put that or any other widget on your lockscreen.

Alternately you can run the pulldown_text script from jrummy's roottools collection to change the carrier text on the lockscreen and statusbar pulldown. Either search for the script and run it in terminal emulator or buy his roottools GUI from the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I tried Contact Owner, OwnerInfo, and AVG, none are working for me on GB. Have you installed OwnerInfo, and is it displaying on the lock screen (before you swipe to open?)

Thanks.

-iD

Reaction score
I tried Contact Owner, OwnerInfo, and AVG, none are working for me on GB. Have you installed OwnerInfo, and is it displaying on the lock screen (before you swipe to open?)

Thanks.

Only if u use widgetlocker as an alternate lockscreen. There are no controls to add Widgets to the stock lockscreen; if you're sticking with stock then the only option I know of is to edit the carrier text. If that option is not built into the rom you're using that'd be where roottools comes into play.

If u don't want to modify ANYTHING then use one of the apps u tried to add a widget to a prominent place on your homescreen and don't lock the lockscreen so if a good Samaritan finds your Droid they can unlock it and hopefully see your info there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Another suboptimal solution if a good Samaritan finds your phone or if your incapacitated and found is to add an ICE # to your contact list (In Case of Emergency)