Location issues...Phone keeps showing i'm in El Dorado, AR

Vypre

Reaction score
For about a week or so now, my phone keeps showing my location as El Dorado, AR. This seems to mainly manifest itself in the weather update that shows in my notification pulldown. This happens with both the native weather update on the phone and I also use wunderground app. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm currently using the Samsung S6 Edge+. Have also had a buddy with an S6 Edge that had the same issue recently.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you anywhere NEAR El Dorado?

Sometimes, my phone or watch will be giving me the weather for a small area outside of the town I'm actually in. It's a Note 4.

If you're close to the area, could just be that they don't have the weather info for your exact area. A better test of the GPS itself would be to open up Google Maps and see where it pinpoints your location. Should be relatively close to where you actually are. If the GPS is working properly, I'd blame the weather info.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I keep getting Los Angeles weather on my app even though this phone has never been near the West Coast.
Like Jonny said, I'm going to blame the weather app. Try a different one.

OP
Vypre

Vypre

Reaction score
I'm actually just south of Atlanta, GA. THere have been times when i've opened the map and it showed the correct location. And other times when it shows me in El Dorado. But again it's not just the wunderground app. If that were the case i'd just dump it. But it's also showing up with the native weather that comes with the phone. Like you can see the weather info just below the clock. sometimes that say Eldorado also.