Android 6.0.1 Will Include More Functionality for the Edge on the Galaxy S6 Edge

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s6-edge-marshmallow-edge-features.png

If the video (included in the thread below) is legitimate, then Sammy is working on quite a few new features to add to the Edge of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. These new features will supposedly show up in their Android 6.0.1 update.

According to the intel, the Edge on the S6 Edge will have more than 6 additional new panels added. This could basically make the biggest complaints about this device evaporate. Here's a quick rundown of the features that will be included: My Apps for recently used apps, Task for commonly used apps, Quick Tools, S Planner, Weather, Twitter, Yahoo, and Sports.

What do you folks think? Is this enough to make the Edge worth grabbing beyond its aesthetic appeal?

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: SlashGear

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to say, though I haven't played with either in person, I was a bit disappointed when they launched the S6 Edge without as much taking use of that edge screen as the Note Edge previously did.

I think this move adds value, even if you don't use many of those features, it's always nice to have the option of something like that.