Live Wall Papers + Helix Launcher = Frozen Backgrounds (Moto Droid 2.1 Stock)

versusxiii

Reaction score
Basically the topic says it all -- Live Wallpapers under with Helix Launcher have a tendency to freeze. Is this an issue on my end, or is this a known issue? Is there any fix?

stmomma

Reaction score
I have the same issue, but the live wallpapers that froze on me also froze in the stock launcher. I uninstalled helix to find out.

shugknight

Reaction score
This happened to me too. There were times where I couldn't even load up the preview for Live Wallpapers. It was like it was frozen. I disabled the auto-rotate on the Helix Launcher, thinking that was the reason it kept freezing, and it seemed to help. But every now and then it still froze up on me.

The worst one was EarthRot. Tried different settings, nothing.

I finally found one that hasn't froze on me yet. The Grass LW works great, and although it's somewhat plain, it's still nice to look at.

What makes it even better is that I have Beautiful Widgets and a transparency skin on. So it actually looks like the Sun/Moon/Clouds from the weather of BW along with the grass.

LMI500

Reaction score
I installed Helix Launcher and it worked for a minute. Now it won't work at all, am I missing something because I can't find where to open it anymore. The only thing that shows up Helix wallpaper and there is nothing in there. Please Help!

Dandroid247

Reaction score
I never had an issue with LWP and helix unless they were third party from the market. Then if I turned the phone to landscape they would freeze and FC every single time. Other than that I haven't ran into much of an issue. I would love to use some of the third party ones though I just don't wanna have to disable auto rotate :)

J*Bishop

Reaction score
no issues here on my end with 2.1 and helix. i have yet to download any live wallpaper from the market though.

shugknight

Reaction score
I installed Helix Launcher and it worked for a minute. Now it won't work at all, am I missing something because I can't find where to open it anymore. The only thing that shows up Helix wallpaper and there is nothing in there. Please Help!

It's not an App, it's a home launcher, almost like a home replacement like Home++, Pandahome, etc.

LMI500

Reaction score
Well I know it's not an App, but I still can't access my settings to activate it. Where do I go???

Bear in NM

Reaction score
To get to your launcher selection:

settings, manage applications, menu button, filter, all

then scroll down to your Home app, select, clear as/the default.

These steps will let you access whichever launchers you have installed, the next time you press the home button. The next steps should be obvious.

Craig

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Helix at 5 screens and I have tried all of the Live Wallpapers - all work even in landscape... I don't have any other home replacements installed.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
To get to your launcher selection:

settings, manage applications, menu button, filter, all

then scroll down to your Home app, select, clear as/the default.

These steps will let you access whichever launchers you have installed, the next time you press the home button. The next steps should be obvious.

Craig

Or get an app called Home Switcher. It allows you to launch (pressing Home goes back to your default) or set a Home as default.

I haven't had the freeze yet. It seems to be running fine.

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Do you have Helix 2 or 1 installed? From what I've read Helix 2 will cause a loop and fc issue, h2 is intended for nexus one only. I'm currently running the neural lwp with helix 1 and it works great in the 3days with this setup I've had only on fc issue while in landscape.
Basically the topic says it all -- Live Wallpapers under with Helix Launcher have a tendency to freeze. Is this an issue on my end, or is this a known issue? Is there any fix?

HDBiker67

Reaction score
The only issue I have is when the Droid goes to sleep & locks, when I unlock it, the Live Wallpaper is shut down & it reverts to the standard Helix wallpaper of the leaf.

kinda frustrating. I have been reading the developers thread on his site to try to find a fix. right now there is something like 56 pages. :eek:

mikespe

Reaction score
I stopped using Live Wallpaper. It really lagged my phone (well the earth wallpaper did anyway) and the globe would either freeze, turn into a white circle or elongate into an oval....

I am using Helix 1