Droid 2.1/Helix 2 - Huge Lag Time and Occasional Crashing

glamazon

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I'm have a Moto Droid running 2.1. I have Helix 2 running 7 screens. I notice that my phone is extremely slow. I have heard that widgets can slow things down. I'm running a total of 5 widgets (only 1 per screen).

The speed of the device is really slow and I will occasionally crash (1x very 2-3 days). I really like Helix 2 but am willing to ditch it if there are known performance issues.

Also if anyone has any other ideas of what else could be slowing down the phone I'm very open to suggestions.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest dropping the number of screens (like to 5) and see what happens.

OP
glamazon

glamazon

Reaction score
Good idea. I'm only using 5 of them anyway. Thanks!

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
The only reason to have H2 is the 3D launcher... everything else is the same as on H1.

I tried H2 for a few weeks and the FCs and lagging became too much so nI went back to H1 and seven screens... faster and NO FCs.

I played with H2 reducing screens, eliminating widgets, etc... nothing helped.

NoKz

Reaction score
The only reason to have H2 is the 3D launcher... everything else is the same as on H1.

I tried H2 for a few weeks and the FCs and lagging became too much so nI went back to H1 and seven screens... faster and NO FCs.

I played with H2 reducing screens, eliminating widgets, etc... nothing helped.
Actually, H2 has full screen mode. Something I wish H1 had so I could drop H2. :icon_ banana:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've actually been running H2 with 5 screens for a couple of days now and it's been remarkably stable, much more than I expected given feedback I've read. I think I had one FC in this whole time. It's also very snappy and responsive. I'm hoping it stays that way.