Little hiccup yesterday

HuJass

Reaction score
So my Droid 2 was in my shirt pocket for about an hour and when I went to use it, it wouldn't come out of sleep mode. It was really warm to the touch.
I wanted to pull the battery but I couldn't figure out how to get the cover off (of course I was in the car (pulled over) & so I didn't have the manual).
I got home about 15 minutes later and it worked fine.
But this incident ran the battery down from just about full charge to around 50%.
Do not know what caused this.

Then today, it was in my shirt pocket again, and I noticed it was warm. Battery had dropped to 30%

I haven't touched any of the settings (unless I did something inadvertently). I don't play with that stuff because I was getting such good battery life.

And my home screen doesn't rotate when I turn the phone on it's side. It will when I open the keyboard.
The screen will rotate for other applications just fine.
Not sure if it was like this since day one.

Any ideas on the lock-up/battery drain? I should note that when it started working again, a Google Maps update alert was showing.

What about the main screen rotation deal?

Thanks.

droidphreak

Reaction score
Make sure you dont have ATK. And check your wifi/GPS to make sure its not on.

OP
H

HuJass

Reaction score
I don't have any task killers. Never downloaded any.

The widgets on my main screen are all toggled off.

everstar80

Reaction score
May be an app that you downloaded recently. It may be corrupt or draining battery life. Check the recent apps you downloaded since the problem started and uninstall and reinstall until you find someting wrong. Also check to see through settings where you can see the programs running and determine if some apps are still using them even when you aren't. If that's the case then just force stop those apps to save battery life. Hope that helps.